Workday Interview Questions And Answers
Are you planning to attend an interview for a Workday role but confused on how to crack that interview and also what would be the most probable Workday Interview Questions that the interviewer may ask? Well, you have reached the right place. Tekslate has collected the most frequently asked Workday Interview Questions and answers which are often asked in multiple interviews.
Q1) What is Workday?
- Workday is a new generation of cloud-based applications that service human resources, payroll, and financial needs for organizations.
- Workday is the leader in cloud-based, enterprise applications that combine a lower cost of ownership with an innovative approach for global businesses.
- Workday provides unified Financial Management and Human Capital Management (HCM) applications designed for today's organizations and the way people work.
- Workday is delivered in the cloud and leverages a modern technology platform, which will provide greater information accessibility.
Q2) What are the different modules present in Workday?
Ans: The different modules present in Workday are:
- Workday HCM
- Workday Financial
Q3) What are the advantages of Workday?
- Workday enables 24/7 access to the information over a secure network.
- Workday's SaaS/cloud delivery model allows services to reach customers with a minimal number of servers, reducing energy needs.
- Workday functionality offers employee and manager self-service, enabling staff to update or access their information privately from any computer or mobile device with internet access
- Workday is designed to support the unique needs of higher education.
Q4) Will Workday work on any computer with any internet browser?
Ans: Workday is supported by most internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. For those who need to use older versions of IE (e.g., Darcy or IRES users), you will need to use Chrome, Firefox or Safari to log into Workday.
Q5) What does "ERP" mean and how does it relate to Workday?
Ans: “ERP” is an acronym for “Enterprise Resource Planning” and is a generic industry term for integrated suites of business systems (such as payroll, HR, and finance systems). Workday became ERP for human resources, academic, and payroll business processes as of July 2015.
Do you want to master Workday? Then enrol in "Workday Training" This course will help you to master Workday
Q6) What types of reports will Workday provide?
Ans: HCM, payroll, and financials in Workday will have standard and custom reports according to its primary business focus. Some reports combine information from both the HCM/Payroll and the Financials modules. Reports can have features such as custom prompts, calculated fields, and interactivity, as well as graphics and charts. Data in certain types of reports can also be made available to other applications.
Q7) What sources of information will be used in Workday for reporting in the future?
Ans: In addition to becoming the official source of business information for HCM, payroll, and financials, Workday will also become the main source for your reporting needs whenever possible. Reporting from the Institutional Data Store (IDS) using Cognos or other tools will supplement Workday reporting capabilities and will be used whenever data that do not exist in Workday are needed.
Q8) If I am used to getting my reports through Cognos, where will I get them when Workday goes live?
Ans: If there are critical data that Workday does not handle or if date ranges fall outside of what will exist in Workday, then the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team will coordinate the use of other systems such as Cognos, Tableau, and the Institutional Data Store (IDS).
Q9) Will every piece of existing data from the mainframe and Workday be available in the IDS?
Ans: No, the IDS is not a backup system. Any data from the mainframe that will no longer be needed will be archived separately. Data that are in Workday will be backed up on Workday servers. The Institutional Data Store (IDS) will only store a subset of Workday data if the data have been identified as our most important data and are a requirement for a critical downstream report or data feed that cannot be handled by Workday or another application.
Q10) What is Workday HCM?
Ans: Workday Human Capital Management is the only application that unifies HR and Talent Management into a single system-of-record. And with embedded analytics, manager and employee self-service, and a user experience unlike any other enterprise application, Workday redefines what it means to manage a global, mobile, and diverse workforce.