Project Creation & Execution in Cognos Framework
Framework workflow diagram:
Learn Cognos by Tekslate - Fastest growing sector in the industry.
Explore Cognos Training Online and course is aligned with industry needs & developed by industry veterans.
Tekslate will turn you into Cognos Expert.
Procedure to create a project:
Start the following services to work with cognos
Start programsIBM cognos 10IBM cognos framework managerselect create a name projectproject name locationokEnglishselect data sourcesnextgo totable’snextselectuse primary as foreign key ( to import the tables with relations)click on importfinish
Creating a project:
From project viewer panel, select packages, right click, select create, select package, name, next, select all the required objects from the modelnextselect including function setsfinishyesnextadd usersnextpublishfinish.
Creating a report by using report studio:
- Open the Browser interment explorer enter the following URL :
- From welcome page, select author advanced report (report studio)
- Select the package required ( B8AM sales package)
- Select create name select list click on ok
- Expand country query subject from lift can drag country code and drop on country code.
Executing a report:
- From run menu, click on run report
- Open framework manager with B8AM_sales_package
- From project viewer pan. Expand packageselect the package and publish and right click on publish package nextnextpublishyesFinish
Procedure to select report studio package by using report studio:
- Open report studio from file menu select name from package on browse(dropdown) select 8AM sales package ok select listok
For indepth understanding Cognos Training click on