It is a collection of interrelated data (or) it is a collection of objects
OLTP DATABASE: (original transactional processing)
It is used to perform day to day transaction (or) it is used to load day to day transaction data.
OLAP DATABASE: (online analytical processing)
It is used to perform analysis by maintaining all the historic data
DATA WAREHOUSE TOOLS:
Data warehouse tools are categorized into two types
- ETL tools
- Reporting tools (or) OLAP tools(or) BI tools
Used to perform extraction transformation and loading
The following are the ETL tools available in the mark etl
- Data storage
- ODI (Oracle data integrator)
- BODS (business objects data services)
- SSIS (sequel server integrator services)
- Used to generate reports to perform analysis
- The following are the reporting tools
- IBM Cognos
- SAP BO (business objects)
- Plicro strategy
- OBIEE (Oracle business intelligence)
- Qlik view
Fathers of data warehouse:
- Raiph Kim ball
- WH inmon
- According to Ralph Kimball, a data warehouse is also a database specify designs for analysis per page but not for running the business
- According to W.H inmon a data ware house is a time variant, nonvolatile subject oriented and integrated database.
Naming conventions for synonyms for data warehouse:
- DSS : decision supporting system
- Historical database
- OLAP database
- BIS (business intelligence system)
Learn Cognos by Tekslate - Fastest growing sector in the industry.
ExploreCognos Training Online and course is aligned with industry needs & developed by industry veterans.
Tekslate will turn you into Cognos Expert.
Data ware housing: (imp)
It is a process of
- Constructing the data warehouse (or) building the data warehouse (or) designing the DWH schema (database modeling (or) database architects.
- ETL (ETL developers)
It is a process of ETL
Architecture of ETL:
For in-depth understanding, Cognos Training click on