Project - Collection of steps or processes or an approach to Implement task or operation or business.
It is a process where a set of tasks define and implement this task.
With a standard model
Ex: IT Project
Here the model is SDLC And the business operation is a task
software development life cycle – SDLC
If we implement this task by using this model then it is “IT”
NFI[National From insurance] organization
Day to day operations(Source system)
Q) What are General metting happen in a project?
- Project Tender meeting(SLA)Service Level agreement
- KICK OFF Meeting[Project initial meeting/introduction meeting]
- Status/schedule Meeting(Weakly, daily)
- Delivery client Regular
- Delivery Meetingà Project MANAGER Meeting
- Team Meeting
- Clarification defect resolution Meeting DeveloperàLeadàPMàClient
- Discussion Meeting
Inclined to build a profession as Teradata DBA Developer? Then here is the blog post on, explore Teradata DBA Training
- LLD/Micro Design/Source map/target 2 sources/source to target mapping etc.
- CR(Change Request)
- Defect Tract sheet etc
- Generated code
- Unit-test code results
- Defect Resolution steps
- HLD LLD
Q) What is HLD And What it contains?
- HLD[High-Level Design]
- It Displays the scope and various sub-components of corresponding tasks along with the relationship
- It is platform-independent
- Generally Represented with Diagrams[either data flow/e-R Diagrams etc]
Q) What is LLD And What it contains?
Ans: Low-Level Design[LLD]
It contains the below information
- Source and its structure
- Destination and its structure
- Source to Destination business or mapping Rules
- To Develop the coding this document Required[Generally Developer use these documents]
Q) Most of the organization there maintained LLD Document in excel sheet very few organization in word Doc Format
What is mean by unit testing, who is Responsible for that How do you do that?
- A testing individual unit of code is called unit testing
- It is the responsibility of the Developer
- Generally, we are keeping unit test cases and Result in the separate worksheet of excel sheet
Q) Explain various testing phases in our project?
- This can also be called white box testing
- An individual unit of code tested here
- It is the developer responsibility
- b)System testing[Functional/block box test]
- The functionality of the component tested here
- It is the responsibility of the quality analyst(tester)
- User accepting and testing(UAT) End-user Testing
- Silk Testing
- Regression Testing
- Integration testing
Q) What is the project life cycle model your using project describe me the steps?
Ans: We are using the waterfall model
- V Model
- Agile model (Frequently used in real-time)
- Spiral model
- Rapid model
- Increment model Etc.
- Requirement Gathering
- Implementation and maintained
- SLA Support
SLA=Service Level Agreement
Q) What is your data warehouse model and Approach?
Ans: Our model is “3NF”
[Other models STAR SCHEMA, Snow FLAKE SCHEMA, INTEGRATED SCHEMA, etc ]
àData warehouse approach is Top-down Approach[WMON Approach]?
Ans: Top-down Approach
Q) How Do you Get the input file what is their size?
- Generally, we are Getting flat-file and the client keeps the file in a shared derive/location on the server
- These file sizes are range from MBs To GB
Q) How do you Get Document HLD, LLD Business, etc interview project?
Ans: In my old project we use to get the document through the mail in my current project we use to getting from the share point server by using user id, and password
Q) What do you mean by source system and tell some of the source system names?
Ans: It is a name given to a particular process where the data source in the database, this system are input to the were house
- LA(Life ASIA)
- AMS(AGENCY MANAGEMENT system)
- Gold Mind
- Do not use the above names in interviews, instead use your corresponding project source system names
- It do not the name create/add/put your own name
Q) What is the staging area and how it help us? where do you have the staging in your project?
- An intermediates storage area also be called a staging area.
- Generally, in between OLATP System data warehousing, we have the staging area.
- Here having 2 stagings in my project
- At the operating system level Unix
- At the data warehouse system level in tera data
Q) What are the scheduling tools you use in your project, how are doing scheduling?
Ans: As a Developer, I am not doing that, my onsite counterpart is doing the scheduling. I heard that they are using, CONTROL-M, for this scheduling
Other scheduling tools
- Auto sys
- TRILLIUM, CRONTab, AT Commands in union
Q) How are you maintaining versioning in your project?
Ans: We are using PVCS for maintaining Version PVCS – P Version control system
Other version Tools:
- VSS=Visual source safe
- Clear case.
- Quality center etc
creation/conducting modify write date
|1||Abc.txt||Vinay,15 Nov 2011||Initial Release change date|
|2||Abc.txt||Madhu,16 Nov 2011||LLD322|
- There is a scheduled process to get the day to day data from the source system to the Unix stage server
- From Unix stage to tera data stage actual operations are performed by using BTEQ, FL, ML Information, Data stage
- Once the staging database is ready now there is a load from stage 2 actual destination.
- During this load, if there any exception there moving into the error database
- Once the target database is ready the reporting people there generate cubes and creating various Reports from inuring.
For an in-depth knowledge, click on below