Workflow is a feature that comes up with, Hyperion planning which will enable the end-users application owner to control the budgeting process by planning unit.
A planning unit is a combination of Scenario, Version, and Entity dimension members.
The workflow will facilitate the transport communication between the end-users and application owners regarding the budget approval mechanism.
Steps to manage the workflow:-
- Login to Hyperion Workspace as an Application owner
- Open the planning application
- Click on File, Click on Workflow and then manage the process
- Then it will display all Scenario and Version dimension members.
Inclined to build a profession as Hyperion Planning Interview questions? Then here is the blog post on, explore Hyperion Planning Interview questions
Select the one from both the dimensions. Click on go. Then it will display all available entity members and by default the process status as shown as not started.
- To start a planning unit for any entity member to enable the radio button under plan start then it should display a message saying the planning unit has been started.
- And the process status will be changed to pass.
To take further action, click on details under the Action. Then click on change status. Then it will pop-up a small window there click on the promotion under select action and choose an appropriate use as a next owner then write any message to the user under annotation and click on submit.
- Now the user will receive a notification e-mail about the planning unit which has been promoted to him by the Application owner.
- Now users login to the Workspace enter budget data using Data forms and open the workflow and re-promote the planning unit back to the application owner for his approval.
- Now application owner reviews the data and he can either approve or reject the planning unit.
- Once approval is done, he can change the status to sign-off.
Note:- The difference between approving and sign-off
- If the planning unit is the bat-approved state then either the technical administrator or application owner can change the status of the planning unit ( For example to Reject state).
- If the planning unit is at sign-off state only the application owner can change the status of the planning unit.
For in-depth understanding click on
- Business Rules in Hyperion
- Data Forms
- Hyperion Planning Interview Questions
- Hyperion Planning Architecture
- Introduction to Hyperion