JBOSS common, docs & lib directory
The common directory
Contains the lib directory (also known as jboss.common.lib.url).
- lib folder contains the common libraries shared by all server configurations (more on this later)
- This directory is new to JBoss 5. In earlier versions of JBoss a number of common libraries were simply duplicated for each configuration set.
The docs Directory
dtd/ examples/ licenses/ schema/ tests/
- Examples: sample configuration: JMX, JCA, JMS, NetBoot, etc.
- Contains excellent examples for many different configurations. For example, the file docs/examples/jca/mysql-ds.xml can serve as a starting point in defining a MySQL-based Data Source (shared database connection-pool) in JBoss AS.
- DTDs and Schemas for J2EE and JBoss XML files
- Contain all J2EE-referenced XML DTD and XSD files, making it simple to validate XML files and lookup the relevant "grammar" when making configuration changes. DTDs were employed by J2EE 1.3 and JBoss 4 whereas Schemas are used since J2EE 1.4 and JBoss 5.
- Licenses for all JBoss components
- Unit test results
Interested in mastering JBOSS?
Learn more about JBOSS Tutorial in this blog post.
The lib Directory
- Contains JBoss bootstrap libraries (core libraries)
- Do not place your own files here or remove any of the existing files
- As an example, you’ll find here the JBoss Micro container and the old JMX kernel.
For indepth understanding on JBoss click on: