JBoss Tutorials Overview
Welcome to the free Tutorials of JBoss. The intent of these tutorials is to provide in depth understanding of JBoss Application Server.
In these tutorials, we will cover topics such as JBoss Architecture, installing JBoss Server, Starting and Stopping of JBoss Application Server. We will also look at JMS, Security, Performance and Tuning of JBoss Server
In addition to JBoss Tutorials, you can find interview questions, how to tutorials and issues and their resolutions of JBoss Product.
- Clustering with Stateful Session Beans in JBoss
- Enabling Sticky Sessions – JBoss
- Load Balancing in JBoss
- Installing and configuring mod_jk in JBoss
- Fronting with Apache HTTPD – JBoss
- High Availability and Scalability in JBoss
- Tuning JBoss Application Server
- Securing Passwords in JBoss
- Configure DB Login Module in JBoss
- Using Form based login in JBoss
- Logging in JBoss
Introducton of JBOSS
JBoss is an Open Source, standards-compliant, J2EE application server implemented in 100% Pure Java. The JBoss/Server and complement of products are delivered under a public license. With a huge amount of downloads per month, JBoss is the most downloaded J2EE based server in the industry.
What is the use of Jboss?
JBoss Application Server is the open source implementation of the Java EE suite of services. It comprises a set of offerings for enterprise customers who are looking for preconfigured profiles of JBoss Enterprise Middleware components that have been tested and certified together to provide an integrated experience.
Features of JBoss
A computer cluster is a group of linked computers, working together closely so that in many respects they form a single computer. Clusters are usually deployed to improve performance and/or availability over that provided by a single computer, while typically being much more cost-effective than single computers of comparable speed or availability.
Jboss AS balances the load of the incoming request either by adding the new hardware or installing the software load balancer e.g- mod_jk.
jBoss AS provides a temporary storage area where frequently accessed data can be stored for rapid access. Once the data is stored in the cache, it can be used in the future by accessing the cached copy rather than re-fetching or recomputing the original data
If one server goes down, control is passed to the other server. To maintain the session Heartbeat software is configured in jBoss AS.
Aspect-Oriented Programming (AOP) support
jBoss AS supports Aspect-oriented programming (AOP) which is a programmingparadigm that increases modularity by allowing the cross-cutting concerns,separationof forming a basis for aspect oriented software development.
Enterprise Java Beans
jBoss supports Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB), which is a managed, server-side component architecture for modular construction of enterprise applications.
JNDI (Java Naming Directory Interface)
jBoss supports the Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI), which is part of the Java platform, providing applications based on Java technology with a unified interface to multiple naming and directory services. Powerful and portable directory-enabled applications can be built using this industry standard.
What is JBoss
JBoss - The Professional Open Source Company
• Focuses on middleware software and services - JBoss Enterprise Middleware Suite (JEMS)
• Software is open source and free
• Makes money on services
• Acquired by Red Hat in April 2006 for $420M
What is in Jboss EAP?
Is JBOSS web server?
JBoss Web Server is an enterprise ready web server designed for medium and large applications, based on Tomcat. JBoss Web Server provides organizations with a single deployment platform for Java Server Pages and Java Servlet technologies, PHP, and CGI.
These core tutorials will help you to learn
the fundamentals of JBOSS.
For an in-depth understanding and practical experience,
explore Online JBOSS Training.
JBoss Enterprise Middleware Suite (JEMS)
• Application Server (JBoss AS, Tomcat)
• O/R Mapping and Persistence (Hibernate)
• Portal Platform (JBoss Protal)
• Business Process Management and Rules (JBoss jBPM, JBoss Rules)
• Object/Data Cache (JBoss Cache)
• Distributed Transaction Management (JBoss Transactions)
• Development Tools (JBoss Tools plugin for Eclipse)
Highlights of JBoss Application Server
• Enterprise-class reliability, performance, scalability, and high-availability
• Zero-cost product license, to download, use, embed, and distribute
• Built for standards - provides a safe choice for portable applications (inter-operable)
• Service-oriented architecture provides consistency, makes it embeddable
• Aspect-oriented architecture simplifies interaction with middleware services
• 24x7 professional support by the core development team
• Active developer community
If you need instructor led live JBoss training, please click here
For indepth understanding on JBoss click on: