What is JMX?
- Management and monitoring standard
- Both local and remote management
- Change settings at runtime
- Event notification / timer
- Dynamic class loading from XML files
- Portable across application servers
- Integrate with 3rd-party components
- You can use JMX to load, initialize, change, and monitor your application and its distributed components.
- JMX is a standard for managing and monitoring all varieties of software and hardware components from Java. In addition, JMX aims to provide integration with a large number of existing management standards, such as SNMP and WBEM.
- Custom configuration management is hard to implement and typically not reusable
- App-server-specific solutions are proprietary and tie you to the vendor
- JMX is a reusable and open framework for both local and remote configuration management that supports runtime querying/updates, monitoring, notifications, timers, class loading, etc.
For an in-depth understanding on JBoss click on: