What is JMX?
- Management and monitoring standard
- Both local and remote management
- Change settings at runtime
- Event notification / timer
- Dynamic class loading from XML files
- Portable across application servers
- Integrate with 3rd-party components
- You can use JMX to load, initialize, change, and monitor your application and its distributed components.
- JMX is a standard for managing and monitoring all varieties of software and hardware components from Java. In addition, JMX aims to provide integration with the large number of existing management standards, such as SNMP and WBEM.
Desired to gain proficiency on JBOSS? Explore the blog post on JBOSS training to become a pro in JBOSS.
- Custom configuration management is hard to implement and typically not reusable
- App-server-specific solutions are proprietary and tie you to the vendor
- JMX is a reusable and open framework for both local and remote configuration management that supports runtime querying/updates, monitoring, notifications, timers, class loading, etc.
For indepth understanding on JBoss click on: