Data Forms & Dimensional Access in Hyperion Plannings
Steps to create a data form:
- Click on Administration
- Click on manage data form
- Click on create on your LHS(Left Hand Side) to create a form folder, Provide a name and click OK
- Click on create on your RHS( Right Hand Side) to create a form, provide a name for data form and then choose appropriate plan type and enable the check box for offline usage. If required to be used by offline user
- Click on text
- Select Row and Column dimensions and then associate members
- By default it will show two rows and columns only and add more rows or columns click on the add dimension
- Click on Next. There you can select some display options such as currency precisions, missing values as blank then click on Next
- By default there are two business rules which are already selected
Calculate currency business rule will be used to convert the local currency into reporting currency.
Calculate data form business rule will be used to aggregate the data form level “0” measures to top level.
- Click on properties in this window and enable run on load and run on save to automate the two business rules execution
- Click on next and your data form will be opened in a design mode, review it and then click on save
- Click on OK
Now open the data form in a run mode to enter the data and click in file and then save. Then data will be submitted to planning cube on Essbase server
“Data form is like a template or user interface to enter budget data by the end users or planners”
“A person whoever enters the budget data or forecast data is called a planner”
A planner can’t create data forms, since there is no administration icon available in toolbar when planning application is opened from workspace.
Note: In essbase server the security filter takes only 64kb
In front end data form there is read, write and none options, in that write is only for editing the data form
when a planning application has been created by default , the following dimensions are secured dimensions accounts ,entity scenario , and version .
when u create a custom dimension – accounts entity , scenario, and version.
Interested in mastering Hyperion Planning Training?
Enroll now for FREE demo on Hyperion Planning Training.
When you create a custom dimension we have an option to make them secured dimension by applying security.
The prerequisite before proceeding with dimensional access is to have the provisioning done for all the users in shared services . also we should enable use of this application for all users from administrators under maintenance mode of the application settings.
Login as administrator through the work space open planning application then click on administration and click dimensions .
Select on account dimensions →select account dimension member →click assign access
A small window will pop-up, click on add access →then it displays a list of available users and group who were not provided with any type of access on this member .
→select the users or group , choose type of access as read or write according to the security requirements .
(in requirements gathering there is security matrix is available) and then choose the type of relation such as member , children…..
→click on Add
→click on close
Note :- the default access is none , if you don’t provide any other access . perform the similar procedure for secured dimensions as well . once you are done with dimensional access . create and refresh the security filters.
For indepth understanding click on