Steps to create a data form:
- Click on Administration
- Click on the manage data form
- Click on create on your LHS(Left Hand Side) to create a form folder, Provide a name and click OK
- Click on create on your RHS( Right Hand Side) to create a form, provide a name for the data form, and then choose the appropriate plan type and enable the checkbox for offline usage. If required to be used by an offline user
- Click on text
- Select Row and Column dimensions and then associate members
- By default, it will show two rows and columns only and add more rows or columns click on the add dimension
- Click on Next. There you can select some display options such as currency precisions, missing values as blank then click on Next
- By default, there are two business rules which are already selected
Calculate currency business rule will be used to convert the local currency into reporting currency. Calculate data form business rule will be used to aggregate the data form level “0” measures to the top level.
- Click on properties in this window and enable run on load and run on save to automate the two business rules execution
- Click on next and your data form will be opened in a design mode, review it and then click on save
- Click on OK
Now open the data form in a run mode to enter the data and click in file and then save. Then data will be submitted to planning cube on the Essbase server “Data form is like a template or user interface to enter budget data by the end-users or planners” “A person whoever enters the budget data or forecast data is called a planner” A planner can’t create data forms, since there is no administration icon available in the toolbar when the planning application is opened from the workspace. Note: In the Essbase server, the security filter takes only 64kb In front end data form there is read, write, and none options, in that write is only for editing the data form
when a planning application has been created by default, the following dimensions are secured dimensions accounts, entity scenario, and version. when u create a custom dimension – accounts entity, scenario, and version.
Inclined to build a profession as Hyperion Essbase Training? Then here is the blog post on, explore Hyperion Essbase Training
When you create a custom dimension we have an option to make them secured dimension by applying security.
The prerequisite before proceeding with dimensional access is to have the provisioning done for all the users in shared services. also, we should enable the use of this application for all users from administrators under the maintenance mode of the application settings.
Login as administrator through the workspace open planning application then click on administration and click dimensions.
Select on account dimensions →select account dimension member →click assign access
A small window will pop-up, click on add access →then it displays a list of available users and groups who were not provided with any type of access on this member .
→select the users or group, choose the type of access as read or write according to the security requirements.
(in requirements gathering there is security matrix is available) and then choose the type of relationships such as members, children…..
→Click on Add
→click on close
Note:- the default access is none if you don’t provide any other access. perform a similar procedure for secured dimensions as well. once you are done with dimensional access. create and refresh the security filters.
For in-depth understanding click on:
- Business Rules in Hyperion
- Figure of Hyperion Plannings
- Hyperion Planning Interview Questions
- Hyperion Planning Architecture
- Introduction to Hyperion