Explain what is sales force?
Salesforce is a CRM delivered as a software-as-a-service (SaaS).
Explain what is a custom object in sales force?
Custom objects are nothing but database tables. It stores data related to your company in Salesforce.com. Once you have defined custom object you can do following things like
- Create custom fields
- Associate the custom object with other records
- In custom related lists, it display the custom object data
- For custom object, records track events and tasks
- Build page layouts
- For the custom object create a custom tab
- To analyze custom object data create dashboards and reports
- Share your custom tabs, custom apps, custom objects and any other related components
Explain what is object relationship overview?
Object relationship overview in Salesforce is used to link custom object records to standard object records in a related list. In simple words, it is helpful to track product defects associated with customer cases. You can define different types of relationship by creating custom relationship fields on an object.
Mention changing what may cause data loss?
Data loss may cause due to following reasons
- Changing data and date-time
- Altering to percent,number and currency from other data types
- Changing from multi-select picklist, checkbox, auto number to other types
- Altering to multi-select picklist from any type except picklist
- Changing to auto-number except from text
- Changing from text-area to e-mail, phone, URL and text
How SaaS can be helpful to Sales force?
- As SaaS is a subscription based, customers can always choose not to renew if they are dissatisfied
- Customers can avoid a large initial investment in an IT infrastructure and day to day hustle of maintaining infrastructure
- SaaS customer provides same provider infrastructure and also easy integration
- SaaS applications use a simple internet interface that makes easier for customer to use.
- SaaS always provide a latest platform to the customer with innovation.
How sales force is useful in tracking sales?
Sales force records all the basic details like the number of customers served daily, daily sales volume, sales manager detailed reports, sales numbers in each month or quarter. Also, it keeps a track on the repeat customer, which is key to success for any sales organization.
Mention how many relationship is included in SFDC and what are they?
There are two types of relationships
- Master detail relationship
- Lookup relationship
Mention what is the difference between isNull and isBlank?
- isNull: It supports for number field
- isBlank: It supports for Text field
Explain what is the trigger?
Trigger is a code that is executed before or after the record is updated or inserted
Mention what is the use of the static resource in Salesforce?
Mention what is the difference between force.com and Salesforce.com?
Force.com is PaaS (Platform as a Service) while Salesforce.com is SaaS ( Software as a Service).
Mention what are the actions available in workflow?
Actions available in workflow are
- Email Alert
- Field Update
- Outbound Message
Explain what is the limit of data.com records that can be added to Salesforce?
User can see their limit form setup, by clicking data.com administration/Users. From the data.com users section, user can see their monthly limit and how many records are exported during the month.
Mention what are the different types of custom settings in Salesforce?
Different types of custom settings in Salesforce includes
- Hierarchy type
- List type
Mention what are the three types of object relations in Salesforce?
Different types of object relations in Salesforce includes
- One to many
- Many to many
- Master detail
Interested in SalesForce? Enroll now FREE demo on SalesForce Training Courses.
Mention what are the different types of reports available in Salesforce?
Different types of reports available in Salesforce are
- Tabular report: It displays the grand total in the table form
- Matrix report: It is a detailed report in which the grouping is done based on both rows and columns
- Summary report: It is a detailed form of the report in which the grouping is done based on columns
- Joined report: With this two or more reports can be joined in the single reports
Is it possible to schedule a dynamic dashboard in Salesforce?
No, it is not possible to schedule a dynamic dashboard in Salesforce.
What does it indicate if an error state this “list has no rows for assignment”?
The error that tells “list has no rows for assignment” indicates that the list you are trying to access has no values in it.
Explain what the junction object is and what is the use?
Junction objects are used to build many-to-many relationships between objects. You can take a recruiting application example, where a position for a job can be linked to many candidates and in the same manner a candidate can be linked to the different positions. So, to connect this data model, you need a third party object, this object is referred as junction object. Here “job application” is the junction object.
Explain what is Audit trail?
Audit trail function is helpful in knowing the information or track all the recent setup changes that the administration does to the organization. It can store last 6 months data.
Explain what is dashboard?
Dashboard is the pictorial representation of the report, and we can add up to 20 reports in a single dashboard.
Explain how many controllers can be used in a visual force page?
As Salesforce comes under SaaS, one can use only one controller and as many extension controller.
Mention what is the difference between SOQL and SOSL?
|SOQL ( Salesforce Object Query Language)||SOSL (Salesforce Object Search Language)|
|Only one object at a time can be searched
Query all type of fields
It can be used in triggers and classes
DML operation can be performed on query results
| Many objects can be searched at a time
Query only e-mail, phone and text
It can be used in classes but not in triggers
DML operation cannot be performed on search result