Rename Logical Objects Manually & Using the Rename Wizard
1. Expand the D1 Time logical table.
2. Click on the first logical column, BEG_OF_MONTH_WID, to highlight it.
3. Click on BEG_OF_MONTH_WID again to make it editable.
4 . Rename BEG_OF_MONTH_WID to Beg of Mth Wid. This is the manual method for renaming objects. You can also right-click an object and select Rename to manually rename an object.
Rename Objects Using the Rename Wizard
1 . Select Tools --> Utilities --> Rename Wizard ---> Execute to open the Rename Wizard.
2 . In the Select Objects screen, click Business Model and Mapping in the middle pane.
3 . Expand the Sample Sales business model.
4 . Expand the D1 Time logical table.
5 . Use Shift+click to select all of the logical columns except for the column you already renamed, Beg of Mth Wid.
6 . Click Add to add the columns to the right pane.
7 . Repeat the steps for the three remaining logical tables so that all logical columns from the Sample Sales business model are added to the right pane. Only the columns from F1 Revenue are shown in the screenshot.
8 . Click Next to move to the Select Types screen.
Notice that the Logical Column is selected. If you had selected other object types, such as logical tables, the type would have appeared here.
9. Click Next to open the Select Rules screen.
10 . In the Select Rules screen, select All text lowercase and click Add to add the rule to the lower pane.
11 . Add the rule Change each occurrence of '_' into space.
12 . Add the rule First letter of each word capital.
13 . Click Next to open the Finish screen. Verify that all logical columns will be named according to the rename rules you selected.
14 . Click Finish.
15. In the Business Model and Mapping layer, expand the logical tables, and confirm that all logical columns have been renamed as expected. The screenshot shows only the columns in D1 Time.
16 . In the Physical layer, expand the alias tables and confirm that all physical columns have not been renamed. The point here is you can change object names in the BMM layer without impacting object names in the Physical layer. When logical objects are renamed, the relationships between logical objects and physical objects are maintained by the logical column to physical column mappings.
For an in-depth understanding of OBIEE click on
- OBIEE 11g Tutorials
- New Features in OBIEE11g
- Checking Out a Project in OBIEE 11g
- Making Changes to the Repository in OBIEE
- Setting Up a Multiuser Development Environment in OBIEE