What is OAF
INTRODUCTION TO OAF
Oracle Application Framework (OA Framework or OAF) is a framework developed by Oracle Corporation for application development within the Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS)
- Oracle Applications Framework is the Oracle Applications development and deployment platform for HTML-based business applications
- OA Framework consists of a set of middle-tier runtime services and a design-time extension to Oracle9i JDeveloper called Oracle Applications Extension (OA Extension).
- Oracle Application Framework (OAF) provides visual and declarative approaches to Java EE development. The OA framework is also available to customers for personalization’s, customizations and custom-application development.
What is OAF?
Oracle Application Framework (OAF) is an architecture for creating web-based front end pages and J2EE type of applications within the Oracle EBS ERP platform. Oracle Application Framework is the development and deployment platform developed by Oracle to develop the Oracle E-Business Suite “Self-Service” or HTML based Applications.
Oracle Application (OA) enables you to personalize the layout of the user interface and the content it displays to suit your business needs. Oracle’s JDeveloper tool with an Oracle Applications extension is used for development of the Oracle Applications Framework and uses Java & XML languages for the same.
What is MVC Architecture?
MVC Architecture is a Model View Controller Architecture. The controller responds to user actions and directs application flow. The model encapsulates underlying data and business logic of the application. The view formats and presents data from a model to the user.
What is Activation and Passivation in OAF?
Passivation is the process of saving application state to a secondary medium (the database) at specific event points so it can be restored (activated) when needed. This restoration of data is called Activation. Passivation in OAF is done implicitly when the appropriate profile options are enabled.
OA Framework Architecture, is based on the industry-standard Model-View-Controller(MVC) design pattern and can be used to develop extensions to existing E-Business Suite functionality.
The MVC architecture is a component-based design pattern with clean interfaces between the Model, View, and Controller.
♣ The Model is where the application implements its business logic. All the BC4J components in OAF comes under Model like AM (Application Module), VO (View Object), EO (Entity Object), VL (View Link) & AO (Association Object).
♣ The View is where the application implements its user interface. View means the UI (User Interface) that is visible to the Users.
♣ The Controller is where the application handles user interaction and directs the business flow. The controller is a simple java class file that contains methods for initial page request and posts back request.
- Entity Objects (EO)
- View Objects (VO)
- Controller (CO)
- Application Module (AM)
Advantages of OAF
- End User Productivity
- Enterprise-Grade Performance and Scalability
- Developer Productivity
- Application Customizability
- Open Standards
- User Interface is Very Interactive in OAF
- The OA Framework helps to create self Service pages in Oracle EBS.
- The OA Framework helps in controlling the flow of the application.
- OA Framework works on the basic Java EE principles.
- We can view OA Framework pages in mobile phones too which contains Internet browsing feature
- OA Framework is J2EE based, but it also supports various standards like HTML, XML, SQL, JSP.
To Learn OAF, you must know the Basics of Java-like Core Java.
Our course design of tutorials is practical and informative. At TekSlate, we offer resources to help you learn various IT courses. We avail both written material and demo video tutorials. For in-depth knowledge and practical experience explore Online OAF Tutorials for Free and Oracle OAF Training.
Check out our Popular Trainings