Hot vs Cold Deployment
Hot deployment is cool, but there is a risk of:
- Class-Loader exceptions (more on this later)
- Unrecognized configuration settings
- Lost session/application scoped data
To enrich your career and become a JBoss professional, visit Tekslate, the global online training platform:" JBoss Training". This course will help you achieve excellence in this field.
Cold deployment is slow but stable
- Stop JBoss AS
- Optionally delete data/, log/, tmp/, work/
- Redeploy your application(s)
- Start JBoss AS
Hot deployment is generally considered safe for:
- Java Server Pages (.jsp) files. They get recompiled automatically by the servlet engine following a change.
- Class files that do not change their public interfaces, especially when there is no RMI involved. This requires full redeployment, so it is still somewhat risky.
For an in-depth understanding on JBoss click on: