General Developer Responsibilities
- Getting and understanding given documents, if there are any errors raising the request, once there are clarified working on them
- After finishing every task, need to do reconciliation and unit testing
- Identifying long-running queries, scripts, and tuning
- Understanding various indexes and using appropriately in the queries
- Identifying in the eliminating spool spaces, skewness issues
- According to the business functionality, creating, manipulating various scripts of BTEQ, FL, ml, etc.
- Having good knowledge of data and dimensional modeling
- Working with various Unix commands day to day like LS, Grep, Wc, SCd, TEE, etc
- As a Teradata developer, responsible for maintaining all DBA functions (development, test, production) in operation 24×7.
- Performance tuning, including collecting statistics, analyzing explains & determining which tables needed statistics. Increased performance by 35-40% in some situations.
- Multiload, BTEQ, created & modified databases, performed capacity planning, allocated space, granted rights for all objects within databases, etc
- Moved databases between machines.
- Installed patch sets and upgraded Teradata.
- Automated data warehousing and datamart refreshes using the Transportable tablespace option.
- Worked on creating and managing the partitions.
- Performed database health checks and tuned the databases using Teradata Manager.
- Deliver new and complex high-quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements and Creating and managing user accounts.
- Installed Teradata drivers for the Teradata utilities.
- Refreshed the data by using fast export and fastload utilities.
- Used Teradata Administrator and Teradata Manager Tools for monitoring and control the system.
- Creating and modifying MULTI LOADS for Informatica using UNIX and Loading data into IDW.
- Loading data from various data sources and legacy systems into Teradata production and warehouse using BTEQ, FAST EXPORT, MULTI LOAD, FASTLOAD, and Informatica.
- With the in-depth expertise in the Teradata cost-based query optimizer, identified potential bottlenecks with queries from the aspects of query writing, skewed redistributions, join order, optimizer statistics, physical design considerations (PI and USI and NUSI and JI, etc), etc. In-depth knowledge of Teradata Explain and Visual Explain to analyze and improve query performance.
- Working as an On-Site Teradata Lead DBA, doing DBA activities that are Implementation of data and table-level security, setting up access rights, and space rights for the Teradata environment. Performance tuning, Monitoring, and reporting Review system utilization by the user.
- Acted as a liaison between the offshore and onsite teams.
Inclined to build a profession as Teradata Developer? Then here is the blog post on, explore Teradata Training
Responsibility of production support people?
- Monitoring the given scheduling tool
- For the fail jobs need to raise defects in defect training tools clear quest, drop a mail to the production manager/production head
- Production vendor
Note: For seeing the data in flat file Generally we go for ULTER Real-time
How do you connect your server and how are you working with your corresponding tools?
StartRunMSTSC[Remote Desktop server]
What type of data loading in your project?
There are different load
What is the Granularity of your project?
We having Granularity, the lowest Granularity is day wist
The level of data loading
Explain the semi-complex issue in your project?
Having duplicate in the tables(pay using queries we use to resolve it)
Working with error table and exception handling table[identifying the error in the tables reflecting file, table later loading it]
Multiple record opening issues
Multiple record Closing issues
[we had a separate process to resolve this issue]
Spool space issue and Resolution, identifying skewness and resolution identifying long Running query in tuning, etc.
Tell some of your Dimension and fact tables in your project?
Refer to the material/Blog for dimension fact table structure and their Logic.
- Can you start some thinking your side
- Can you tell some thinking your self
For an in-depth knowledge, click on below