- Open a browser or a new browser tab and enter the following URL to navigate to Oracle Business Intelligence: http://<machine name>:7001/analytics In this tutorial the URL is http://localhost:7001/analytics
- Sign in as an administrative user. Typically you use the administrative user name and password provided during the Oracle BI installation. In this example the user name is weblogic. If you need help identifying a user name and password, contact your company's Oracle BI Administrator.
3 . In the left navigation pane, under Create... Analysis and Interactive Reporting, select Analysis.
4 . Select the Sample Sales subject area.
5 . In the left navigation pane, expand the folders in the Sample Sales subject area and confirm that the user interface matches the presentation layer of the repository.
6 . Double-click the following column names in the Subject Areas pane to add them to the analysis: Time.Per Name Year Products.Type Base Facts.Revenue
7 . Click Results.
8 . The analysis results are displayed in a compound layout, which includes a Title view and a Table view.
9 . Use the buttons at the bottom of the compound layout to view additional rows.
Check the Query Log
1 . Return to Fusion Middleware Control, which should still be open. If not, enter http://localhost:7001/em in a browser and sign in as your administrative user.
2. Click the Diagnostics tab.
3 . Click the Log Messages sub tab.
4 . Scroll to the bottom of the window to the View / Search Log Files section.
5 . Click Server Log to navigate to the Log Messages screen.
6 . In the Log Messages screen, leave the data range set to Most Recent, 1 Day. Deselect all message types except for Trace.
7 . In the Message field, enter sending a query to the database.
8 . Click Search.
9 . There should be only one message at this point, but if there are more than one, select the last message in the list. This is the most recent query sent to the database.
10 . In the bottom pane, click the Collapse Pane button (arrow on the right side) to view the log message. Your results should look similar to the screenshot.
11 . Click the Restore Pane button. Throughout this tutorial, you return to this view to check the query log.
12 . Leave Fusion Middleware Control open.
For an in-depth understanding of OBIEE click on
- OBIEE 11g Tutorials
- New Features in OBIEE11g
- Checking Out a Project in OBIEE 11g
- Making Changes to the Repository in OBIEE
- Setting Up a Multiuser Development Environment in OBIEE