12 October, 2020
You have created the initial Sample Sales business model in the repository. You now create the Presentation layer of the repository. The Presentation layer exposes the business model objects in Oracle BI user interfaces so that users can build analyses and dashboards to analyze their data. To build the Presentation layer you perform the following steps: • Create a Subject Area • Create Presentation Tables • Create Presentation Columns • Rename Presentation Columns • Reorder Presentation Columns
1. Right-click the white space in the Presentation layer and select New Subject Area to open the Subject Area dialog box.
2 . On the General tab, enter Sample Sales as the name of the subject area.
3 . Click OK to close the Subject Area dialog box. The Sample Sales subject area is added to the Presentation layer.
1. Right-click the Sample Sales subject area and select New Presentation Table to open the Presentation Table dialog box.
2. On the General tab, enter Time as the name of the presentation table.
3 . Click OK to close the Presentation Table dialog box. The Time presentation table is added to the Sample Sales subject area.
4 . Repeat the process and add three more presentation tables: Products, Customers, and Base Facts.
Please note that you are using the manual method for creating Presentation layer objects. For simple models, it is also possible to drag objects from the BMM layer to the Presentation layer to create the Presentation layer objects. When you create presentation objects by dragging from the BMM layer, the business model becomes a subject area, the logical tables become presentation tables, and the logical columns become presentation columns. Note that all objects within a subject area must derive from a single business model.
1. In the BMM layer, expand the D1 Time logical table.
2. Use Ctrl+ Click to select the following logical columns: Calendar Date Per Name Half Per Name Month Per Name Qtr Per Name Week Per Name Year.
3 . Drag the selected logical columns to the Time presentation table in the Presentation layer.
4 . Repeat the process and add the following logical columns to the remaining presentation tables: Products: Drag Brand, Lob, Prod Dsc, Type from D2 Product. Customers: Drag Cust Key, Name from D3 Customer. Base Facts: Drag Revenue, Units from F1 Revenue.
1. In the Presentation layer, expand the Products presentation table.
2. Double-click the Lob presentation column to open the Presentation Column dialog box. On the General tab notice that "Use Logical Column Name" is selected. When you drag a logical column to a presentation table, the resulting presentation column inherits the logical column name by default. In this example the Lob presentation column inherits the name of the logical column "Sample Sales"."D2 Product"."Lob".
3 . Deselect Use Logical Column Name. The Name field is now editable.
4 . Enter Line of Business in the Name field.
5 . Click OK to close the Presentation Column dialog box. Notice that the presentation column name is now changed to Line of Business in the Presentation layer.
6 . In the BMM layer, expand D2 Product. Notice that the Lob logical column name is not changed. The point here is you can change object names in the Presentation layer without impacting object names in the BMM or Physical layers.
7 . In the BMM layer, rename the Prod Dsc logical column to Product. Notice that the name change is inherited by the corresponding presentation column.
8 . Make the following name changes to logical objects in the BMM layer so that the names of the corresponding presentation columns are also changed: For the D3 Customer logical table: Change Cust Key to Customer Number. Change Name to Customer Name.
9 . Confirm that the corresponding presentation column names are changed.
1. In the Presentation layer, double-click the Time presentation table to open the Presentation Table dialog box.
2. Click the Columns tab.
3 . Select columns and use the up and down arrows, or drag the columns. to rearrange the presentation columns into the following order from top to bottom: Per Name Year Per Name Half Per Name Qtr Per Name Month Per Name Week Calendar Date
4 . Click OK to close the Presentation Table dialog box and confirm that the presentation column order is changed in the Presentation layer.
5 . Repeat the steps to reorder the columns in the Products presentation table: Brand Line of Business Type Product
6 . Save the repository without checking global consistency. Congratulations! You have successfully built the Presentation layer of a repository.
For an in-depth understanding of OBIEE click on
TekSlate is the best online training provider in delivering world-class IT skills to individuals and corporates from all parts of the globe. We are proven experts in accumulating every need of an IT skills upgrade aspirant and have delivered excellent services. We aim to bring you all the essentials to learn and master new technologies in the market with our articles, blogs, and videos. Build your career success with us, enhancing most in-demand skills .