Windows Service with Mailing concepts in C# .netWindows Service with Mailing concepts:-
- To send the mails SMTP protocol is required .
- Protocol provides a set of rules, which need to be followed while transferring the data over the network.
- Smtp will be installed by default, when Its is installed.
- When IIS is installed then Following Folder Structure will be created by default.
EX: 2 on windows Service with mailing concepts :-
- Developing a service to send a mail at 12 :30
- Open windows Service project with project name WS2
Project Menu Add Reference System .wed (this is required for Mail Message class)
Place Timer (System .Timers )control Properties
Enabled = true
Interval = 60, 000
Interval 100ms w:30 12:30:00
1 sec = 600 ..
100ms = 60 …
1 60,000 59
Using System. web. Mail;
Code for Timer 1 _ Elapsed Event
Int sh =Date Time . Now. Hour ; // 24 hrs format
Int sum = Date Time . Now. Minute;
If (sh == 12 && sm ==30)
Mail Message m = new Mail Message ();
M .to = “teja @ yahoo.com”;
m.cc = “varoon @india.com”;
- subject = “Happy Pongal”;
- body Format = Mail Format. Html;
- body = <h1>Happy pongal </h1> <hr>
<h2><Font color = Green> Dear Friends,
This is to inform you that, our next class will be on 17th jan, 2009 </Font> </h2>”;
- Form = “Prakash @ptpl”;
//ptpl is computer name
Smtp Mail .Send (m);