Steps to setup Selenium with Java to develop test scripts
Set up Selenium with Java
Precondition:- We need below files.
3) Selenium-Server –stand alone-2.39.0.jar
1) Eclipse:-It is an editer to develop the test scripts in Java.
JDK-Java development kit
JRE-Java Runtime Environment
To open Eclipse JDK or JRE should be installed in source machine.
Check wheather JDK7 or JRE7 is installed in your machine by navigating to below path.
C:\program files /Java
If JRE7 orJDK1.7 is not available in above path then take JDK7 Exe file from the given CD[mind Q] then install it.
It is the actual selenium and it is a combination of RC, Web driver and Grid.
Note:-Eclipse & Selenium –Server-Standalone are normal files not necessary to install. Only JDK is to install. If not available
*We can download by using internet web site Selenium w testing.com
Accelerate your career with Selenium Training and become expertise Selenium developer.
1) Copy Eclipse and placed it in any desired drive
2) Create a folder with the name Lib or library in any desired drive.
3) Copy selenium –server-standalone-2.39.0.jar file pest it in Lib folder
4) check that JRE7(or)JDK 1.7 is available in C drive or not .If it is not available then install JDK7
5) Open Eclipse by clicking on blue icon Eclipse.Exe
6) By default it provides some path in work space .If receive .We can update the path.
7) Workspace is the folder where it contains source code[Test scripts]
8) Click OK in workspace launcher window.
9) Click on Workbench to move into Eclipse.
10) Create a project by navigating to fileàNewàProject
11) Select Java project then click on Next
12) Give the project name as Selenium Automation then click on Finish.
13) click Yes is open associated prospective window
14) Expand selenium Automation Right click of JRE system Libclick on Build pathàselect configure build path.
15) click on Add external JAR select selenium –server-standalone. Jar file from the Lib folder then click on open click on Ok
16) Go to Run click on External tool select external tool configuration.
17) Double click on program
18) click on Browse file system at location
19) selectC program file JavaJRE7àbinàjava.org
20) click on browse file system at working directory select Lib folder from the drive then click on OK.
E: Lib[it should contains selenium sever standard alone jar file]
21) Give the arguments as
--Jar selenium –server-standardalone-2.39.0.jar
|click on OKApplyàRun
Note:-By default selenium will run on the port 4444.If resurveyed we can change the part
|Go to Run click on external tool
External tool configuration
Update the arguments as
“Jar selenium –server-standalone-2.39.0.jar-port1234”
Click on applyRun
Write a program to search a selenium in Google.co.in
Take a class by right click on the project click on New and select class
Give the package name as “selenium RC”
Check out the top Selenium Interview Questions now!
Give the class name as “Google search”àName fired
Check the check box public static void min (string  )
Package:-It is a folder name and it will be created under the SRC folder of project .The class will be created under the package.
Class:-collection of objects is known as class. object can be anything provided it has to occupy some memory. Data types [variables] ,methods and instances are known as objects.
Public static void main:- It is the Main method which is responsible for execution .The execution win start from main method .
To take the element location or properties we have the bellow Add ons available for on the browsers.
Fire fox -firebug &inspection element
IE -developer tool
G.chrome -inspect element
Safari - inspect element
For an Indepth knowledge on Selenium, click on below