Vendor Consignment Scenario In Sap MM
Special Procurements Vendor Consignment Scenario
- Consignment is functionality in MM purchasing, when you purchase the material from vendor on consignment basis.
- We will provide the premises to vendor in our stores; however we are not responsible for the stock.
- The stock is legally owned by the vendor only
- When the delivery comes, we will make a GR even then, stock still legally by the vendor. If you look at our stock status, it shows as ‘Vendor Consignment’ stock.
- As and when we want the material, whatever the quantity it is we will simply transfer the vendor consignment stock in to our company own stock.
- Vendor need not send the invoice or bill for with drawl quantity. Company will settle his consignment liabilities
1. Activate consignment prices via info records
SPRO -> Material Management -> General Settings for Material Management -> Activate consignment prices via info records (OMEV)
Double click: Activate consignment prices via info records Select Radio button as below
Click Save and come back
Learn the core features of sap mm and become master with our expertise tutorials,
explore sap mm online Training.
2. Define special procurement types
SPRO -> Material Management -> Consumption Based Planning -> Master Data -> Define Special Procurement Types
Click ‘New Entries’ button
Enter the Following
Plant: BPL1 - Birla Plant 1
Spl. Proc. Type: 10 - Consignments
Procurement type: F – External procurement
Spl. Proc. K – consignment
Click Save and come back
3. Maintain Message settings and communication method for you vendor
SPRO -> Logistic Invoice Verification -> Message Determination -> Maintain Conditions -. Change Conditions -> Output Type : KONS and key combination is: company code and vendor.
Steps in Consignment:
1. Create or change the material master (MM01 or MM02)
Select MRP1 view
- MRP type \: ND
- Spl. Procurement : 10 for consignment
2. Create Info Record (ME11), with info category as ‘consignment’
Note: Maintain Tax Code in purchase data view
3. Create Purchase Order (ME21N) with item category as ‘K’
4. Take the receipt of the material i.e. GR (MIGO)
- Here as a proof of action one material document is created
- However no Accounting document creates
5. Now the stock status (MMBE) shows that the material now as ‘Vendor Consignment’
6. Transfer the stock to company own stock (MB1B – Mvt 411K)
a. Now as a proof of action one material document is created
b. Here Accounting document creates with the following a/cs
i. A/c payable – Consignment sale -ve - 169900
ii. Inventory- Raw Material A/c +ve - 300000
7. Consignment liabilities can be settled in MRKO Enter the following:
Check consignment select Display
Note: First Select Display radio button and execute it. It is success full then select the
radio button to settle and execute it again.