Are you planning to attend an interview for SAP MM but confused about how to crack that interview and also what would be the most probable SAP MM interview questions that the interviewer may ask? Well, you have reached the right place. Tekslate has collected the most frequently asked SAP MM interview questions which are often asked in multiple interviews.
Top SAP MM Interview Questions and Answers
Q1. What is SAP MM?
Ans: SAP Material Management is a useful module in SAP Hana training that arrangements with acquirement taking care of and material administration. This module primarily manages the Procurement Process, Master Data (Material and Vendor Master), Inventory Management, Valuation of Material and Account Determination, Material Requirement Planning, Invoice Verification.
Q2. What are the fundamental segments in SAP MM?
- Determine necessities
- Source assurance
- Vendor Selection
- Order Processing
- Order development
- Goods receipts and Inventory administration
- Invoice Verification
Q3. What are the kinds of uncommon stock accessible?
Ans: The kinds of unique stock accessible are subcontracting, dispatch, venture, pipeline, deals arrange, stock exchange, returnable bundling with the client, and so on
Q4. Tell me about the subcontracting cycle?
Ans: The Po is created with item category L, the goods are transferred to the subcontractor by 541 movements. for this movement note, no accounting docs take place. When GR is done automatically, 543 movement takes place which takes care of the consumption of components from stock.
Q5. How are the byproducts taken care of in subcontracting?
Ans: You can add these by-products in the BOM for the header matl.
Q6. What is meant by scales?
Ans: Can scales be used in a standard purchase order? You can fix a price in the info record for a say qty from 1-100 price RS150 & if the order qty is 101- 500- the prices is 140. Scales cannot be used directly in PO but can be pulled into the PO from various master data like info records, quota arrangements.
Q7. What is the difference between a contract and a scheduling agreement?
With regard to Outline Agreement:
1. You can create a central contract (cross-plant) where you can maintain different pricing conditions for each and every plant
2. You have to create the Release Order with reference to the Outline Agreement.
3. No detailed delivery schedule can be made in the Release Order.
4. No Release documentation is created.
5. Only time-dependent conditions can be created.
6. Some Item Category 'M' and 'W' can be used.
With regard to Scheduling Agreement:
1. The Plant Location must be entered in the Scheduling Agreement.
2. We do not have to create any other purchasing document except for the delivery schedule line via Transaction ME38 or MRP running (with the appropriate setting of Source List).
3. Delivery Schedule line items are created subject to your specific requirements.
4. Can create both Scheduling Agreement with and without Release Documentation (subject to the Document Type LP or LPA) with the selection of either FRC or JIT delivery schedule.
5. Either time-dependent or time-independent conditions can be created subject to the customizing in the Document Type of the Scheduling Agreement.
6. Item Category 'M' and 'W' can not be used.
Q8. What is meant by batches? How can the batches be searched?
A batch is a subdivision of your stock of a material having the same characteristics.
- food production uses batches to indicate the day of production.
- paint production uses batches based on the production date and the used ingredients. It is very hard to reproduce the same colour in exactly the same way at two different moments.
- The ore may be divided into batches based on their mineral content.
You can search batches using the standard search facility (match code, key F4) based on the naming convention of the batches or if you use batch classification, based on the characteristics of the batches.
Q9. What are the settings required for the quota arrangement?
Ans: To set up a quota arrangement for the procurement of material, proceed as follows: Master data -> Quota arrangement -> Maintain, enter the material and plant number, press ENTER to display the overview screen for the quota arrangement periods, Enter a validity period for quota arrangement, Enter date until which the quota arrangement is valid. The start date is calculated by the system. Press ENTER. Select the quota arrangement and choose Goto -> Item overview to display the item overview screen of the quota arrangement. Enter a quota arrangement item for each source of supply you want to include in the quota arrangement. You must enter the following data. - Procurement type - Special procurement type, Enter k in the S column, for example, if a consignment arrangement for the material exists with the vendor. - Vendor number - Procurement plant (supplying plant): - Quota column, enter the quota assigned to each item. Press ENTER. The percentage distribution of the quotas is calculated and displayed automatically by the system. Save the quota arrangement. The system assigns a number to the quota arrangement item automatically
Q10. What are the differences between release procedure with classification and release procedure without classification? When are they used?
Ans: Release procedure with classification means the Purchase requisition can be released both at the item level & at the header level. Release procedure without classification can also be used for PR which is used for item-level release only. all other external documents cannot be released with classification. The two procedures are mutually exclusive (that is to say, you must decide in favor of one of them only - you cannot use both).
Inclined to build a profession as SAP MM Developer? Then here is the blog post on, explore SAP MM Training
Q11. Is it possible to have a release procedure without classification for a PO?
Q12. Is it possible to have scales in a quotation?
Q13. What is GR blocked stock? When it can be used?
Ans: Whenever you are not sure about the quality of the product received, you can put in GR blocked stock.
Q14. How to give specifications for developments?
Ans: We normally prepare a business requirement document in which we specify what is required. what field & tables have to be referred for the required development.
Q15. How to create PR or PO by MRP?
Ans: The PR is created according to the safety stock mentioned for the material or can be triggered by a requirement. For creating a PO, you need to have the scheduling agreement in place. After the MRP is run the schedule lines are generated which are nothing but the PO.
Q16. Explain the Significance of the batch record?
Ans: A batch explains about a quantity of a specific product that is processed at the same time and consists of the same parameters. The produced materials in this batch have the same characteristics and values. The batch record provides the data about a specific batch and helps to know whether the product has gone through Good Manufacturing Process (GMP).
Q17. Mention the accounts created in SAP MM?
Ans: Account Assignment is required for the order of the item that is purchased; it is vital in SAP MM as it distinguishes the following things
- Type of Account Assignment
- The account that will charge when you post the goods or invoice receipt
- Account assignment data that is required