Purchase Order In SAP MM
• It is a out going document. It is an ultimate document
• It is a legal document
• A purchase order is a request to a vendor to supply certain goods or services under the stated conditions.
• It is confirmation from company regarding Materials, Quantities and Delivery details
• You can create Purchase Order
o With respect to PR, RFQ, Contract, another Purchase Order
o With respect to PR, RFQ, contract and other PO at a time
Learn the core features of SAP MM and become master with our expertise tutorials,
explore sap mm Training.
• You can change the price and quantities here even though we agreed for earlier at the time of negotiations
• The Standard Document Types for Purchase Order are:
o NB – Standard PO
o FO – Frame work order (Blanket PO/Limit PO)
o DO – Dummy PO
o EC – Electronics Commerce (for SRM applications)
• Purchase Order screen is divided into three sections
? This section contains information applicable to all line items contained on the purchase order like :
? Purchase org, Purchase Group, Company code Details
o Item overview
? This section contains information on the materials and/or services to be delivered or rendered.
? Material No, Description, Quantity, Delivery Plant and StorageLocation etc.
o Item details
? This section contains information that will be applicable to a particular line item in the purchase order.
? Material description, Material group, quantity etc.
• Purchase Order having ‘N’ Transaction also.
When you enter the purchase order data the system suggests default values. For example:
o It suggests the ordering address, as well as the terms of payment and freight (incoterms) from the vendor master record.
o If you have maintained a material master for a given material in the R/3 System, the system suggests the material short text or the material group,
o if a purchasing info record already exists in the system, the system copies a price proposal to the purchase order.
IMG settings - Purchase Orders
Purchase Orders IMG settings
Define Number range
Define Document type of Purchase Orders
Assign number range to document type
Set tolerance for price variance (PE, SE)
Release Procedure for PO
- Edit Characteristics (CT04)
- Edit Classes (CL02)
- Define Release Procedure for PO (SPRO)
- Check Release Strategies (OMGSCK)
Automatic Conversion of PR to PO
1. Material Master purchasing view tick automatic PO check box
2. Vendor Master purchasing view tick automatic PO check box.
3. Maintain Source list for Vendor & Material. (ME01)
4. Maintain Purchase Info Record. (ME11)
5. Create a Purchase Requisition. (ME51)
6. Note: During creation of PR, select check box of Source Determination in
7. 1st screen of ME51 /ME51N
8. Use Tcode: ME59 & execute for PR for vendor, it creates automatic PO.
i. Enter the document type field in case if you want to create the PO with your document type.