Blanket Purchase Orders
In SAP, Blanket Purchase Orders refer to the business process where you have a
• Purchase Order with a validity period (start/end date) and a limit on the item.
• No Goods Receipt takes place.
• Payment is triggered by Invoice.
• Multiple invoices can be processed.
• Main point is that invoices must be processed within the validity period specified in the PO.
• The total value of invoices must also not exceed the limit specified in the PO item.
• The validity period is specified on PO Header Level, while the Limit is on Item level.
• The creation of Purchase requisition is Optional.
• Purchase Requisitions doesn't have validity period fields, although the limit can be specified on item level.
• So if users create PR's then they could type the validity period simply as text in one of the long text fields.
• During invoicing, if the date is outside the validity period or the amount is bigger, either a Warning or Error will occur. This setting is done in customizing
Examples on where this business process can be used include:
- Services: example buying flowers, travel.
- Particularly if the receipt process is not very formalized. It is also sometimes used for utilities (water, electricity...)
- Look at processes where Financial invoices (no PO) are used. To improve control, a lot of vendor invoices could be moved to the Blanket Order process.
• Let's look at key fields in the Purchase Order
The Overall Limit is the value that will be used in the check during invoicing. If Commitment is switched on in Costing, the Expected value is the value of the commitment against in this case the Cost Centre.
If you want to enrich your career and become a professional in SAP MM, then visit Tekslate - a global online training platform: "SAP MM Training" This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain
The actual will be posted during invoicing.
Account assignment is mandatory, so this process is nonstock purposes only.
Stock can not be procured using this method (For stock a GR is required).
Because no Goods Receipt (GR) will take place, the GR indicator is switched off when the item category is selected.