Provisioning & replication
It is nothing to bring data from different sources like SAP & NON SAP system. There are three Replication types in HANA
- LT (trigger-based)
The main purpose of the above replication type to bring data from the different source system to the tables under catalog:
We can also bring data from the data store in data services – by using provisioning as well as we can bring tables to form the different system by using provisioning (LT Replication).
(A) Modeling at HANA STUDIO (administrator) developer):-
- Schema is to organize columns views, tables a vies, & procedures.
- Every object comes under ‘schema’ only
- For HANA modeling we need to follow Data warehouse concepts like MDX, ER-Model.
(a) for creating view right-click on the table select new view, in the data foundation pane add multiple tables based on our Requirement (b) Join multiple tables by using inner, outer (Lift, Right & full) Joins. (c) Select Require column in column pane & activate
2.Creating column views:
There are three types of views:
2) analytic Views
1) Attribute view:-
- Right-click on the attribute, create new attributes, select required tables
- & Join them data foundation
- Drag required field from tables and make at least one attribute as a key attribute
- Create a customized attribute based on our requirement as well as (level based & parent-child)
2) Analytic view:-
- Right-click on packages - - > Create new analytic
- & select the required table (at least one fact table)
- & select Required attribute views
- If we take multiple tables Joins them in the data foundation pane
- Select the required fields from the table as attributes and measures.
- Create custom calculated attributes, calculated measures & the variables restricted measures.
- In Logic – view pane connect our data foundation table to selected attributed view tables
- & activate
3) Calculated views:-
- Right-click on package - - > create new calculate view
- Sele cam create two types of calculated views based on DRU requirements
- Graphical &
- Select the required tables
- Select attribute, calculate & analytical views based on our requirement.
- Connect tables views, by using union, projection, Join (inner, outer, Left, Right, full) joins
- And connect them to output structure clarity objects as attributes, measurer
- Create custom measures like calculated measures & variables
- Provide code for selecting fields from tables by SQL statements in the script pane
- & create output parameters as well as variables
- In the output, component classify objects as measures and create custom variables and
4.Creating Analytical Privileges:-
- The main purpose is to create user, roll access permissions on information models (views)
- Select views
- Select objects in selected views
- Select data in selected views
- Provide to uses &
Checkout Our Frequently asked SAP Hana Interview Questions
- By default system coil curate produce for each script for calculated vies
- even we can create a customized procedure
- for a procedure, we need to procedure script
(b) modeling at information composer:-
- an information composer is a tool for creating at the client level
- The main actions in Information composer on i) uploading excel files into HANA DB ii) creating an information model (calculated view)
NOTE:- whenever we upload an excel file into the HANA system will create a table That table will appear under ‘IC – tables” catalog NOTE:- Whenever we create models at information composer those views appears under “ _ sys – BIC” catalog
If you want to enrich your career and become a professional in SAP Hana, then visit Tekslate - a global online training platform: "SAP Hana Administarion Training" This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.
1.Uploading data into the database
- We need to upload excel ( .xls, .xlsx .csv) files.
- After uploading we need to perform cleansing:- Merging USA United States of America. As a single file.
- Classily measures & attributes ( the column which contains number as data type)
2.Modeling (creating information models)
- Select source A (Table Uploaded file), analytic, attribute, calculated)
- Select source B (Table Uploaded file), analytic, attribute, calculated)
- Connect source A & B, By using union, join (inner, Left outer Join, Right / full out Join)
- Create custom Colum (attributes/measures)
- And manage custom – columns & activate
He can give access levels, roles & users by providing
- SQL privileges
- Analytic Privileges
- System Privileges
- Package privilege
NOTE:- Whenever we provide analytic privileges to uses, that user can access, for specified data in specified views.
NOTE:- Users in HANA & users in Business objects in the same
6) END USERS ACTIVITIES:-
We can have two types of end-users
1) Excel client
2) Business objects enterprise
1) Excel Client:-
We can generate reports in the form of excel file to bring the data from tables & views
We can bring data from only analytic & calculate vies.
- We can bring data form views by using a connection called “form connection wizard”
(Import data for unlisted format by using the data connection wizard and OLEDB)
- We can bring data from tables by using connection “MICROSOFT QUERY” (import data for an unlisted format by using the Microsoft query wizard and ODBC
2) Business object enterprise:-
We can connect business object enterprise by using HANA DB ODBC connection to the semantic layers We have two of semantic layers:- 1) IDT (Information Design tool) 2) UDT (universe Design Tool)
- For UDT, create connection b/w universe & HANADB, ODBC connection
- Create universe bared on reports
- For IDF, create connection b/w ODBC & TDT public connection into repository create data foundation & select tables/view from schemas, design structures, based on reports create business layers and select our foundation activate publish business layer and we can publish into the system repository
- We can create four types of reports