Mobile Testing Interview Questions
Q1. What is the difference between Mobile device testing and mobile application testing?
Ans: Mobile device testing means testing the mobile device and mobile application testing means testing of mobile application on a mobile device.
Q2. What are the types of mobile applications?
Ans: Mobile applications are of three types:
- Native Application– Native app installed from the application store like Android’s google play and apple’ app store. The application which can be installed into your devices and run is known as a native application for E.G. whats App, Angry Birds, etc.
- Web Application– Web applications runs from mobile web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc using a mobile network or WIFI. E.G. of web browser applications is m.facebook.com, m.gmail.com, m.yahoo.com, m.rediffmail.com, etc.
- Hybrid Application- Hybrid apps are combinations of native app and web apps. They can run on devices or offline and are written using web technologies like HTML5 and CSS. For E.G. eBay, Flipkart, etc
Q3. How to test CPU usage on mobile devices?
Ans: There are various tools available in the market like google play or app store from where you can install apps like CPU Monitor, Usemon, CPU Stats, CPU-Z, etc these are an advanced tool that records historical information about processes running on your device.
Q4. What are the defects tracking tools used for mobile testing?
Ans: You can use the same testing tool which you use for web application testing like QC, Jira, Rally and Bugzilla, etc.
Q5. What all major networks to be considered while performing application testing?
Ans: You should test the application on 4G, 3G, 2G, and WIFI. 2G is a slower network, it's good if you verify your application on a slower network also to track your application performance.
Inclined to build a profession as Mobile Application Testing Developer? Then here is the blog post on, explore Mobile Application Testing Training
Q6. When performing sanity tests on a mobile application what all criteria should be taken into consideration?
- Installation and uninstallation of the application
- Verify the device in different available networks like 2G, 3G, 4G, or WIFI.
- Functional testing
- Interrupt testing- Able to receive the calls while running the application.
- Compatibility testing – able to attach the photo in a message from the gallery
- Test application performance on different handsets.
- Make some negative testing by entering invalid credentials and test the behavior of the application.
Q7. Which things to consider testing a mobile application through a black box technique?
- By testing your application on multiple devices.
- By changing the port and IP addresses to make sure the device is getting connected and - disconnected properly.
- By making calls and sending messages to other devices.
- By testing your web application on different mobile browsers like Chrome, Firefox, opera, dolphin, etc.
Q8. What is the latest version of iOS?
Ans: iOS 8. (This changes quite often, so please check the apple site for the most recent info)
Q9. What is the latest version of Android?
Ans: Lollipop 5.0–5.0.2 (also changes often)
Q10. What is the extension of Android files?
Ans: .apk (Android application package)
Q11. What is the extension of iOS files?
Q12. What is the full form of MMS?
Ans: Multimedia Messaging Services
Q13. What are MT and MO in SMS?
Ans: Sending a message is known as MO (Message originate) and receiving the message is known as MT(Message Terminate)
Q14. What is WAP?
Ans: WAP is Wireless Application Protocol used in network apps.
Q15. What is GPRS and how it works?
Ans: GPRS is General Packet Radio Service which works on mobile networks with the help of IP transmissions. GPRS provides the transmission of IP packets over existing cellular networks. It provides you with internet services on mobile.
Q16. What is the latest version of Windows?
Ans: Windows 10
Q17. What do you mean by Streaming media?
Ans: Streaming is a process of downloading the data from the server. Streaming media is the multimedia that is transferred from the server or provider to the receiver.
Q18. What are the automation tools available for mobile application testing?
Ans: There are many automation tools available in the market for mobile application testing but iPhone Tester is one of the best tools to test the application on iPhones and screenplay for android devices.
Q19. What is the best way to test different screen sizes of the devices?
Ans: Using an emulator.
Q20. What is the basic difference between Emulator and Simulator?
Ans: The emulator is based on hardware and software wherein the simulator is based on software. Simulation is a system that behaves similarly to something else while emulation is a system that exactly behaves like something else.
Q21. What are the common challenges in mobile application testing?
Ans: Working on different operating systems, a variety of handsets, different networks, a variety of screen sizes.
Q22. What are the tools based on cloud-based mobile testing?
Ans: Sweetest, Perfecto Mobile, BlazeMeter, AppThwack, Manymo, DeviceAnywhere, etc.
Q23. What web services are used by mobile apps?
Ans: They are many depend upon the application. SOAP and REST web services are used but RESRful is more common now.
Q24. What devices have you worked till now?
Ans: Android, Symbian, Windows, iPhone, etc.
Q25. How to create an Emulator on Android?
Ans: Give a name in name field -> select target API from the list -> enter the size -> select the required skin section -> click on create AVD -> select the required AVD -> click on start button -> launch it
Q26. Does Selenium support mobile internet testing?
Ans: Yes, it does, Opera browser is used for Mobile internet testing.
Q27. Does Selenium support Google Android Operating System?
Ans: Yes, Selenium 2.0 supports the Android Operating System.
Q28. Name debugging tools for mobile?
Ans: Errors can be verified by the generated logs. We can use configuration utility on iOS and android monitor.bat on android. Here are a few to name Android DDMS, Remote Debugging on Android with Chrome, Debugging from Eclipse with ADT, Android Debug Bridge, iOS simulator, etc.
Mobile Application Testing Interview Questions
Q29. Name mobile automation testing tools you know?
- Paid tools: Ranorex, Silk Mobile, SeeTest
- Free tools: Appium, Robotium, KIF, Calabash
Q30. What is the strategy used to test a new mobile app?
- System integration testing
- Functional testing
- Installation and uninstallation of the app
- Test HTML control
- Check-in multiple mobile OS
- Cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Gateway testing
- Network and Battery testing
Q31. What does a test plan for Mobile App contain?
Ans: The test plan for a mobile app is very similar to a software app
- Automation tools required
- required features to be tested: network, security, performance, size, battery, memory
- features not to be tested - display size, resolution
- Test cases
- Test Strategy
- Tested by
- Time required
- No. of resources required
Q32. Why mobile phone has 10 digit numbers?
Ans: The number of digits in a mobile phone number decides the maximum mobile phones we can have without dialing the country code.
Q33. Name mobile application testing tools?
- Android Lint
- Find Bugs
- Clang Static Analyzer
- Analyze code from XCode
Q34. Full form of the various extensions?
- apk – Android Application Package File
- exe – Executable Files
- iPA –iOS App Store Package
- prc – Palm Resource Compiler
- jad – Java Application Descriptor
- adb – Android Debug Bridge
- Aapt – Android Asset Packing Tool
Q35. How to test different screen sizes of the devices
Ans: Using Emulators.
Q36. What is web service?
Ans: It is a component used in software to perform the task. It is like an interface between one program to another.
Q37. How to create the log file?
Ans: Using CAT.
Q38. How can we install the build on iPhones and iPads?
Ans: Using iTunes.
Q39. Can we use QTP/UFT for mobile automation testing?
Ans: Yes, with the help of Seetest add-in.
Q40. Is cloud base mobile testing possible? Name any?
Ans: Yes, Perfecto Mobile and Seetest.
Our design of course tutorials and interview questions is practical and informative. At TekSlate, we offer resources to help you learn various IT courses. We avail of both written material and demo video tutorials. For in-depth knowledge and practical experience explore Online Mobile Application Testing Training.