Welcome to JIRA Tutorials. The objective of these tutorials is to provide in depth understand of JIRA .
In addition to free JIRA Tutorials, we will cover common interview questions, issues and how to’s of HTML.
JIRA is a software tool which has been developed by Australian company. This tool is used for Bug tracking, Issue tracking and Project Management. It allows you to assign, prioritize, report and audit your 'Issues' of a Project or change request.
It is extensible platform as it is customize different units and work flow of a project by using Agile methodology.
It improves productivity by saving time and improves quality by ensuring all task information and follow-ups till the completion of a project.
- Manager can create new software project.
- User can describe information and additional points which are discussed with team regarding software project.
- User can maintain and track progress of software project.
- User can track what types of issues have been faced during the development phase.
- User can track what type of issues have been Posted by Software QA team.
- What are the enhancements and changes have been done during the Process.
- Whole Team can be aware of all the communications.
- Managing person can assign the tasks to team members for managing Project.
- User can search tasks, Issues etc..
- Team can give their feedback for more improvements.
- Reports for the all the procedure should be created.
Installation of JIRA on windows
- JIRA can be used as cloud environment and Server or Company's own environment.
- For Cloud environment, User does not need to install jira software.
- For Server, User needs to install JIRA on the Server or System.
- JIRA is license version software project management tool. User has to but it.
- They also give 30 days’ free trial.
After download, Take .exe file on desktop do double click on icon and 'Run' it.
Now you need to click on 'Next' button.
Then again one screen will be displayed, here you need to select 'Custom Install'
We can do installation for server and particular system.
Select destination directory and click on ‘Next’.
Learn more about JIRA Intrerview Questions in this blog post.
Interested in mastering JIRA? Check out this blog post to learn JIRA Training
Use default ports first. If 8080 port is used here, You can enter here Server's Port also. JIRA will run on that particular port only.
This is the last step for installation of Customize service of JIRA.
Now If user wants to access JIRA then he should enter URL as IP Adrress:Port number/
For Example 10.34.56.166:8080/
Take Here IP Address(System where jira is installed) as 10.34.56.166, Port- 8080
User will get login screen as shown bellow after installation.