Jenkins Interview Answers:
Q1) What is Jenkins?
Answer: Jenkins is an open-source continuous integration tool. The functionality of Jenkins is to keep track of version control system & initiate, monitor build system if changes occur. SCM tools supported by Jenkins? It supports the following tools:
Q2) Requirements for the use of Jenkins?
- Source code repository which can be accessible, Git repository, instance.
- Script already working & built e.g maven script.
Q3) Commands used for starting Jenkins manually?
Answer: We can use the following commands to start manually:
Q4) Plugins that are mostly used for Jenkins?
Answer: Useful plugins for Jenkins:
- HTML publisher.
- Maven2 project.
- Copy artifact.
- Amazon EC2.
Q5) How to copy, move Jenkins from one to another server?
- By making a clone of a job directory with a different name you can copy Jenkins.
- By renaming the existing job via renaming a directory could be done.
- Copy the linked job directory & slide job from one to another installation.
Q6) Jenkins is integrated with 2 components what are they?
Answer: The 2 components are: Tools like apache maven & SVN, GIT(version control systems). Advantages of Jenkins? Following are the advantages of Jenkins:
- At integration stage, build failures are cached.
- Maven release projects are automated by using simple steps.
- Plugin support is in large scale.
- At an early stage, bugs can be identified in the development environment.
- The code is improved iteratively.
Inclined to build a profession as Jenkins Developer? Then here is the blog post on, explore Jenkins Training
Q7) Notify the difference between Jenkins, Maven & ant?
Answer: Jenkins is an open-source continuous integration tool whereas ant & maven are Build technologies. Steps to setup Jenkins jobs? Step by step procedure:
- Select item forms the menu.
- Enter the name of the job → free-style job.
- Press OK to continue & create a new job in Jenkins.
- Configure you jon in the next page.
Q8) Tool used for configuration & provisioning?
Answer: Ansible-It is an agent with less config management as well orchestration tool. The configuration modules are called ‘Playbooks’. Ansible can be used for more of cloud provisioning.
Q9) Minimum JRE required for a run of Jenkin 2.1?
Answer: JRE8 or Else JDK8