Advantages and Disadvantages of C++
C++ is based on the C language, and it was developed in the early 1980s by Bjarne Stroustrup at AT&T Bell Laboratories, Here "++" use for the extension because "++" is a syntactic construct used in C to increment a variable. Most of the C++ content is the super-set of "C", Due to this extension most C programs can be compiled using a C++ compiler.
A C++ program is a collection of commands, which tell the computer to do "something." This collection of commands is usually called C++ source code C++ is the Mid-Level programming language because it acquires the feature of Low level as well as a high-level programming language. Using C++ Programming Language we can create a different kind of Software, These are:
- System software
- application software
- device drivers
- embedded software
- high-performance server and client applications and
- entertainment software such as video games
What is C++
C++ is an object-oriented programming language
What is language?
- A language is a software computer is an electronic device that cannot perform operating by own.
- Language provides a set of instructions to perform operations by computer.
- Language is nothing but a programming tool
- C++ is the name of the language
- ‘c’ language is derived from ‘B’ language
- 'B’ language is derived from BCPL
- ‘C’ language develops in the year 1972
- C++ language is developed in the year 1980
What is a Program?
- Set of instructions or collection of instructions and data.
- Programming elements are
- To write a program to required Data and instructions.
- programming is nothing but a process of organizing data and instructions according to given problem
- object-oriented means rules and regularity
What are Programming Principles
Programming principle defines a set of rules and regulations for the organization of data and instructions
- Process Monolithic programming
- Process-oriented programming
- Modular oriented programming
- Structure oriented programming
- Object-oriented programming
Applications of C++
Using C++, you can develop system software like OS, Device Drivers, Network(N/W) protocols, PC – utilities
Application software you can develop application like
- Word processing
- C++ is a general-purpose programming language better than ‘c’.
- General-purpose means it is suitable for developing any software.
- CUI means a character user interface
Unstructured programming / Monolithic programming
- Organizing the data and instructions are organized in a sequential manner called Monolithic programming
- In this approach instruction organization in sequential order
- A sequence is a set of instructions used to solve a given problem. (Assembly level language, Basic)
- Program execution is controlled by using a goto statement
- Code redundancy: the same operation has to be more than one time, the same sequence has to copy at some places.
- The size of the program is incremental
- The efficiency of the program is decreased
- COBOL and Pascal are called procedural oriented programming languages.
- In this approach instruction organized according to their operations by dividing into small programs or small pieces called the subroutine.
- A subroutine is a small program within a program
- This subroutine can be procedure or function
Modularity: Dividing a program into small pieces 0 also called divide and conqueror According to their operations into small modular.
Re-usability: write code once and use it more than one time.
Readability: Easy to read or understand.
Data is global or local
Its emphasis on instructions, but not on data.
What is a Modular programming
In modular programming, a module is programming in this approach; the application contains one or more than one module
Each program is divided into a subroutine.
A program that contains a main is called an executable module which is compiled as .ex
A program which has doesn’t have a main is called a reusable module which is compiled as.LIB(Library)
‘C’ and pascal are called a structured programming language
Characters of structured programming
- Modular programming
- User-defined data types (Pascal)
- scoped variables (local & Global)
- One subroutine communicates with another by passing values
- Top-down approach
- Data is global and global data does not have security
- Unrelated operation access global data, if leads and logical errors.
- Debugging application is complex
- In a large program identifying which operation operates what data becomes complex.
Advantages of C++
- Portable language (writing a program irrespective of the operating system as well as Hardware)
- Low-level language like Assembly language on Machine language called portable.
- C++ use multi-paradigm programming. The Paradigm means the style of programming .paradigm concerned about logics, structure, and procedure of the program. C++ is multi-paradigm means it follows three paradigm Generic, Imperative, Object Oriented.
- It is useful for the low-level programming language and very efficient for general purpose.
- C++ provide performance and memory efficiency.
- It provides a high-level abstraction.
- In the language of the problem domain.
- C++ is compatible with C.
- C++ used reusability of code.
- C++ used inheritance, polymorphism.
- Portability allows developing program irrespective of hardware
- It allows moving the program development for one platform to another platform
- C compatible (COMP): Programs developed in ‘C’ language can be moved without any modifications into C++
- C++ is an object-oriented embedded language which is having the characteristics of low-level language & which is also developing the embedded software.
- Which language having low-level features
- It has no security
- Complex in a very large high-level program.
- Used for platform-specific application commonly.
- For a particular operating system or platform, the library set has usually chosen that locks.
- When C++ used for web applications complex and difficult to debug.
- C++ can't support garbage collection.
- C++ is not secure because it has a pointer, friend function, and global variable.
- No support for threads built-in.
What are the C and C++
C is a procedural (aka structural) programming language. In addition to beginning procedural, C++ is also an object-oriented programming language.
In C language, the solution is achieved through a sequence of procedures or steps. Therefore, C is a function-driven language.
How different is C# from C++?
C++ was designed to allow developers to use all of the existing features of C but provides some extensions to support object-oriented programming techniques in an intermediate-level programming language. C# is a complete outlive in this list. Despite its name, it has far more in common with Java than C or C++.
What is the difference between C & C++?
|It is a structured programming language.
||It is an object-oriented programming language
|It does not have an inline function
||It supports the inline function
|It does not support functions with default arguments
||It supports() with default arguments
|It does not have exception handling
||It supports exception handling
|It having pointers
||It having a pointer and references
|It is a middle-level language
||It is a high-level language
|It uses scanf() and printf() function for standard input and output
||It uses cin>>and cout<< for standard input and output
|The C program file is saved with . C extensions
||C++ program file is saved with.CPP extension.
For An depth understanding of C++ click on