Project – Collection of steps or process or an approach to
Implement task or operation or a business
It is a process where set of tasks define and implement this task
With a standard model
EX – IT Project
Here the model is SDLC And the business operation is task
software Development life cycle – SDLC
If we implement this task by using this model then it is “IT”
NFI[National From insurance] organization
Day to day operations(Source system)
What are General metting happen in a project?
- Project Tender meeting(SLA)Service Level agreement
- KICK OFF Meeting[Project initial meeting/introduction meeting]
- Status/schedule Meeting(Weakly, daily)
- Delivery client Regular
- Delivery Meetingà Project MANAGER Meeting
- Team Meeting
- Clarification defect resolivation Meeting DeveloperàLeadàPMàClient
- Discussion Meeting
- LLD/Micro Design/Source map/target 2 source/souce to target mapping etc.
- CR(Change Request)
- Defect Tract sheet etc
- Generated code
- Unit test code results
- Defect Resolution steps
- HLD LLD
What is HLD And What it contains?
Ans: HLD[High Level Design]
- It Display the scope and various sub components of corresponding tasks along with the relationship
- It is platform independent
- Generally Represented with Diagrams[either data flow/e-R Diagrams etc]
What is LLD And What it contains?
Ans: Low Level Design[LLD]
It contains the below information
- Source and its structure
- Destination and its structure
- Source to Destination business or mapping Rules
- To Develop the coding this document Required[Generally Developer use this documents]
3)Most of the organization there maintained LLD Document in excel sheet very few organization in word Doc Format
Ans: What is mean by unit testing, who is Responsible for that How do you do that?
- Testing individual unit of code is called unit testing
- It is Responsibility of Developer
- Generally we are keeping unit test cases and Result in separate work sheet of excel sheet
Explain various testing phases in our project?
- This can also be called white box testing
- Individual unit of code tested here
- It is developer responsibility
b)System testing[Functional/block box test]
- The functionality of the component tested here
- It is Responsibility of quality analyst(tester)
- User accepting and testing(UAT) End user Testing
- Silk Testing
- Regression Testing
- Integration testing
What is the project life cycle model your using project describe me the steps?
Ans: We are using water fall model other models
Agile model Frequently used in real time
- Requirement Gathering
- Implementation and maintained
- SLA Support
SLA=Service Level Agreement
What is your data ware house model and Approach?
Ans: Our model is “3NF”
[Other models STAR SCHEMA, Snow FLAKE SCHEMA,INTEGRATED SCHEMA etc ]
àData ware house approach is Top down Approach[WMON Approach]?
Ans: Top down Approach
How Do you Get the input file what are there size?
- Generally we are Getting flat file and client keeps the file in shared derive/location on the server
- This file sizes are range MBs To GB
How do you Get Document HLD,LLD Business etc interview project?
Ans: In my old project we use to get the document through mail in my current project we use to getting from the share point server by using user id, and password
What do you mean by source system and tell some of source system name?
Ans: It is a name Given to a particular process where the data source in database, this system are input to the were house
EX: LA(Life ASIA)
AMS(AGENCY MANAGEMENT system)
Do not use the above names in interviews, instead use your corresponding project source system names
It do not the name create/add/put your own name
What is staging area and how it help for us? where do you have the staging in your project?
- An intermediates storage area also be called as stage area.
- Generally in between OLATP System data ware housing we have the staging area.
Here having 2 staging in my project
- At operating system level Unix
- At data ware house system level in tera data
What are the scheduling tools your using in your project, how are doing scheduling?
Ans: As Developer I am not doing that, my onsite counter part is doing the scheduling.
I heard that they are using, CONTROL-M, for this scheduling
Other scheduling tools
TRILLIUM, CRONTab, AT Commands in union
How are you maintaining versioning in your project?
Ans: We are using PVCS for maintaining Version
PVCS – P Version control system
Other version Tools:
VSS=Visual source safe
Quality center etc
creation/conducting modify write date
|1||Abc.txt||Vinay,15 Nov 2011||Initial Release change date|
|2||Abc.txt||Madhu,16 Nov 2011||LLD322|
- There is a scheduled process to get the day to day data from the source system to Unix stage server
- From Unix stage to tera data stage actual operations are perform by using BTEQ,FL,ML Information, Data stage
- Once stage data base is ready now there is a load from stage 2 actual destination.
- During this load if there any exception there moving into error database
- Once target data base is ready the reporting people there generates cubes and creating various Reports from inure.