Whenever we are going to create any user we should follow the checklist:
- identify the tablespace in which users need to store the object.
- Plan for quotas for each tablespace.
- Assign a default tablespace and temporary tablespace to the user.
- Assign proper me sources [profiles] to the user.
Inclined to build a profession as Oracle DBA Training? Then here is the blog post on, explore Oracle DBA Training
After creating the user by following the above 4 steps, the grant required privileges (or) roles 9set of privileges to the user
- Table space quotas control the amount of physical storage assigned to the user.
- A profile is a named set of passwords & resource limits. Generally, this profile contains
- Password again & expiration
- Account locking should set in the parameter file Idle time resource_limit=TRUE
- Cpu time
- Connect time
- Concurrent session
”default” is the default profile from the pupbld. SQL script.
Advantages of profiles:
- Ensures that the users logoff their sessions when they have left their sessions idle for some time.
- Enables similar resource limits for a group of users
- Easily assign resource limit to the users and control of passwords
Privilege is a permission to perform transactions against the database
For an in-depth knowledge, click on below