User Management Roles in Oracle DBA
whenever we are going to create any user we should follow the check list:
- identify the table space in which user need to store the object.
- Plan for quotos for each table space.
- Assign a default table space and temporary table space to the user.
- Assign proper me sources [profiles] to the user.
After creating the user by following above 4 steps, grant required privileges (or) roles 9set of privilages0 to the user
Table space quotas controls the amount of physical storage assigned to the user.
A profile is a named set of password & resource limit. Generally this profile contain
- Password againg & expiration
- Account locking should set in parameter file Idle time resource_limit=TRUE
- Cpu time
- Connect time
- Concurrent session
”default” is the default profile from the pupbld. Sql script.
Advantages of profiles
- Ensures that the users logoff their sessions when they have left their sessions idle for some time.
- Enables similar resource limits for group of users
- Easily assign resource limit to the users and control of passwords
Privilege is a permission ot perform transactions against the database