Special Procurement Third Party Scenario In Sap MM
Third Party Scenario
What is Third Party?
Company’s Vendor supplies material to company’s Customer
Vendor Supplies material to a customer of a customer is called Third party.
1. Our Company sales department receives a PO from our customer for a material
2. Then company sends a PO with a delivery address as Customer to supply thismaterial
3. Vendor will supply this material directly to the customer
4. Vendor will send an invoice to the company
5. Vendor bill will be settled after the company got the payment from customer
In SAP the Third Party procurement will be done in two ways.
A) With SD Involvement
B) W/o SD Involvement
A) With SD Involvement:
1. Normally Sales people will take the PO from the customers & they create a Sales Order (VA01) with 3rd party Item cat 'TAS'
2. In the back ground automatically Purchase Requisition (PR) will be created with Item category 'S' along with Delivery address.
3. Purchase Dept creates the PO with Item cat 'S' and a/c assignment cat '1'. here customer adds will be copied from the PR.
4. Then this PO will be sent to the Vendor.
5. Based on the PO line items vendor will supply material directly to the customer and invoice to our Purchase organization.
6. Based on the conditions provided in the PO
a. If it is PO based invoice verification you can create a bill (Bill to the Customer) with out waiting for Vendor IV.
b. If it is GR based invoice Verification we must very the vendor invoice before creating a bill to customer
B) W/o SD Involvement:
1. No sales order, No PR is generated in the back ground
2. You can directly create a PO, based on the requirement of customer with the item cat 'S' and A/c assignment cat 'X' (auxiliary a/c)
3. Rest of the steps are same as above
These core tutorials will help you to learn the fundamentals of sap mm.
For an in-depth understanding and practical experience,
explore sap mm online Training.
Third Party Scenario Steps
1. Customer sends PO to Sales dept of the Company.
2. Create customer (XD01) with account group as sold-to-party
3. Sales people will create a Sales Order (VA01) with item category as ‘TAS’, i.e. Third Party.
4. Create material with
- Material type as HAWA type
- Adding a sales view
- In Sales Data 1 view:
a)General .Item Cat BANS, Division, Tax code
- In sales Data 2 view:
a) Item Cat group: BANS
- In sales General/Plant view:
a. Availability Check: 01, Transport Group as 0001, Loading as 0001
- In Purchase view: Check Automatic PO
- In Plant data storage loc 2 view: check negative stock allowed .
- Accounting view: Valuation class: 3100 (for – HAWA), Price:
5. Create Vendor (Tcode XK01) – in purchase data view Check Automatic PO check box
6. Maintain Purchasing Info Record (T code ME11) for these vendor and material
7. Change the SO (VA02) and go to Schedule lines and check whether PR is created?
8. PR will be generated in the back ground with Item category 'S' and A/c assignment category '1' or X aux a/c
9. T code ME59 and enter relevant data to create automatic PO with respect to PR
10. Send PO to Vendor.
11. Vendor delivers the material to the customer.
1. If it is PO based invoice verification you can create a bill (Bill to the Customer) with out waiting for Vendor Invoice Verification.
2. If It is GR based invoice Verification we must verify the vendor invoice before creating a bill to customer
12. We can do GR and IV however stock should not be updated.
[Note: If you are not always allowing third party order processing then you can create a material master record with item category group as ‘NORM’ and procurement should be marked as ‘X’ meaning both types of procurement (in-house manufacturing and external product) ]