• This is an Electronic Document Approval i.e. 'on-line approval rather than manual signature.
• It is an approval process for Purchasing requisition and external Purchasing documents
• It Involves
- Checking the correctness of the data
- Giving authorization to purchase
• The approval may be based on doc. type, doc value, plant etc
• There are two types of Release Procedures:
- With Classification (Item level release and only for PR)
- With Out Classification (Header/document level release for RFQ, PO, contract and Scheduling. Agreement)
Item level Approval is possible only in PR
For other Purchase Documents only header level is possible
Interested in mastering sap mm Manager or sap mm Training? Enroll now for FREE demo on
sap mm Manager Training,explore sap mm Training.
• It defines the sequence in which the purchase document is to be released
• It contains the release conditions, release codes, release pre requisites
• It defines the entire approval or release process
• It determines/identifies which release strategy applies.
• Group of persons responsible for releasing the Purchasing documents with assigned strategy.
• It is a two character alphanumeric id defined for each individual group (department) in the release group.
• It defines, who has to be release the document first.
• It is a one-character id, represents a release status.
• It is assigned to a document.
• When individual person of a group affects release with his release code, a release indicator is assigned to a document]
E.g.: Blocked - ‘B’, Released - 'R"
• If a document is not released
- It cannot print a document
- You cannot send this to the concerned vendor
- You cannot do the goods receipt
Frequently used tables in Release procedure
Doc Table Name Fields
PR CEBAN MATKL - Material Group.
BSART - Doc. Type.
PO CEKKO BSART - Doc. Type
Contract GNETW- Net Order Value
SES SESSR LWERT - Total Value Release
(Service Entry UWERT- Partial Value Release
Note: The effected Release can also be cancelled, but it is possible only before the higher person in hierarchy has not approved
IMG Settings: Release Procedure
3.Define release Procedure for PO