SAP MM Release Procedure
This is an Electronic Document Approval i.e. 'on-line approval rather than a manual signature.
It is an approval process for Purchasing requisition and external Purchasing documents
- Checking the correctness of the data
- Giving the authorization to purchase
The approval may be based on the doc. type, doc. value, plant, etc.
There are two types of Release Procedures:
- With Classification (Item level release and only for PR)
- With Out Classification (Header/document level release for RFQ, PO, contract and Scheduling. Agreement)
Note: Item level Approval is possible only in PR For other Purchase Documents only header level is possible
Interested in mastering sap mm Manager or sap mm Training? Enroll now for FREE demo on sap mm Manager Training,explore SAP MM Training
Release Strategy: It defines the sequence in which the purchase document is to be released • It contains the release conditions, release codes, release prerequisites. It defines the entire approval or release process
Release Condition: It determines/identifies which release strategy applies.
Release Group: Group of persons responsible for releasing the Purchasing documents with assigned strategy.
Release Code/Point: It is a two-character alphanumeric id defined for each individual group (department) in the release group.
Release Pre-requisite: It defines, who has to release the document first.
- It is a one-character id, represents a release status.
- It is assigned to a document.
- When an individual person of a group affects release with his release code, a release indicator is assigned to a document] E.g.: Blocked - ‘B’, Released - 'R"
- If a document is not released
- It cannot print a document
- You cannot send this to the concerned vendor
- You cannot do the receipt of the goods
Frequently used tables in Release procedure
Doc Table Name Fields
PR CEBAN MATKL - Material Group
BSART - Doc. Type CEKKO BSART - Doc. Type.
Contract SESSR GNETW- Net Order Value
Scheduling Agreement LWERT - Total Value Release
RFQ UWERT- Partial Value Release
Note: The effected Release can also be canceled, but it is possible only before the higher person in the hierarchy has not approved
IMG Settings: Release Procedure
3.Define release Procedure for PO
Release Groups -Release codes -Release Indicators -Release Strategies