SAP BI Interview Questions
Q1) Define multi-provider in SAP BI? What are the features of Multi providers?
Ans: Multi-provider is a type of info-provider that contains data from a number of info-providers and makes it available for reporting purposes.
- Multi-provider does not contain any data.
- The data comes entirely from the info providers on which it is based.
- The info-providers are connected to one another by union operations.
- Info-providers and Multi-providers are the objects or views relevant for reporting.
- A multi-provider allows you to run reports using several info-providers that are, it is used for creating reports for one or more than one info-provider at a time.
Q2) What is BEx Map in SAP BI?
Ans: BEx Map is BW’s Geographical Information System (GIS). BEx Map is one of the characteristics of SAP BI, and it gives the geographical information like customer, customer sales region, and country.
Q3) What is the t-code to see a log of transport connection?
Ans: In RSA1 -> Transport Connection you can collect the Queries and the Role and after this, you can transport them (enabling the transport in SE10, import it in STMS
- Transport connection (button on the left bar menu)
- Sap transport -> Object Types (button on the left bar menu)
- Find Query Elements -> Query
- Find your query
- Group necessary object
- Transport Object (car icon)
- Release transport (SE10 T-code)
- Load transport (STMS T-code)
Q4) Lo; mm inventory data source with marker significance?
Ans: The marker is as like a checkpoint when u upload the data from the inventory data source
2lis_03_bx data source for current stock and BF for movement type
after uploading data from BX u should realize the request in cube or imenn to say compress it then load data from another data source BF and set this updated data to no marker update so the marker is used as a checkpoint if u don’t do this u getting data mismatch at bex level bcz system get confused.
(2LIS_03_BF Goods Movement from Inventory Management– —–Uncheck the no marker update tab)
(2LIS_03_BX Stock Initialization for Inventory Management– —select the no marker update checkbox)
2LIS_03_UM Revaluations —-Uncheck the no marker update tab) in the info package of “collapse” [sociallocker]
Q5) How can you navigate to see the error idocs?
Ans: If it is fine check the IDOCs in the source system go to BD87->give Ur user ID and date->execute->you can find Red status Idocs select the erroneous Idoc->Rt.click and select Manual process.
You need to reprocess this IDOC which is RED. For this, you can take the help of Any of your Team (ALE IDOC Team or Basis Team) Or Else
you can push it manually. Just search it in the bd87 screen only to reprocess.
Also, try to find why this Idocs are stuck there.
If you want to enrich your career and become a professional in SAP BI, then visit Tekslate - a global online training platform: "SAP BI Training" This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.
Q6) Difference between v1, v2, v3 jobs in extraction?
Ans: V1 Update: whenever we create a transaction in R/3(e.g.Sales Order) then the entries get into the R/3 Tables (VBAK, VBAP..) and this takes place in V1 Update.
V2 Update: V2 Update starts a few seconds after V1 Update and in this update the values get into Statistical Tables, from where we do the extraction into BW.
V3 Update: It's purely for BW extraction.
Q7) What are statistical updates and document updates?
Ans: Synchronous Updating (V1 Update)
The statistics update is made synchronously with the document update.
While updating, if problems that result in the termination of the
statistics update occur, the original documents are NOT saved. The cause
of the termination should be investigated and the problem solved.
Subsequently, the documents can be entered again. Radio button: V2 updating
Q8) Do you have any idea how to improve the performance of the BW?
Ans: Asynchronous Updating (V2 Update)
With this update type, the document update is made separately from the statistics update. Termination of the statistics update has NO influence on the document update (see V1 Update).
Radio button: Updating in the U3 update program
Asynchronous Updating (V3 Update)
With this update type, updating is made separately from the document update. The difference between this update type and the V2 Update lies, however, with the time schedule. If the V3 update is active, then the update can be executed at a later time.
Q9) How can you decide the query performance is slow or fast?
Ans: You can check that in RSRT code.
execute the query in RSRT and after that follow the below steps
Go to SE16 and in the resulting screen give table name as RSDDSTAT for BW 3.x and RSDDSTAT_DM for BI 7.0 and press enter you can view all the details about the query like time taken to execute the query and the timestamps
Q10) What is the statistical setup and what is the need and why?
Ans: Follow these steps to filling the setup table.
- Go to transaction code RSA3 and see if any data is available related to your DataSource. If data is there in RSA3 then go to transaction code LBWG (Delete Setup data) and delete the data by entering the application name.
- Go to transaction SBIW –> Settings for Application-Specific Datasource –> Logistics –> Managing extract structures –> Initialization –> Filling the Setup table –> Application-specific setup of statistical data –> perform setup (relevant application)
- In OLI*** (for example OLI7BW for Statistical setup for old documents: Orders) give the name of the run and execute. Now all the available records from R/3 will be loaded to set up tables.
- Go to transaction RSA3 and check the data.
- Go to transaction LBWE and make sure the update mode for the corresponding DataSource is serialized V3 update.
- Go to the BW system and create an info package and under the update tab select the initialize delta process. And schedule the package. Now all the data available in the setup tables are now loaded into the data target.
- Now for the delta records go to LBWE in R/3 and change the update mode for the corresponding DataSource to Direct/Queue delta. By doing this record will bypass SM13 and directly go to RSA7. Go to transaction code RSA7 there you can see green light # Once the new records are added immediately you can see the record in RSA7.
- Go to the BW system and create a new info package for delta loads. Double click on the new info package. Under the update tab, you can see the delta update radio button..
- Now you can go to your data target and see the delta record.
Q11) Why we have construct set up tables?
Ans: The R/3 database structure for accounting is much easier than the Logistical structure.
Once you post in a ledger that is done. You can correct, but that gives just another posting.
BI can get information directly out of this (relatively) simple database structure.
In LO, you can have an order with multiple deliveries to more than one delivery address. And the payer can also be different.
When 1 item (order line) changes, this can have its reflection on order, supply, delivery, invoice, etc.
Therefore a special record structure is built for Logistical reports. and this structure now is used for BI.
In order to have this special structure filled with your starting position, you must run a set-up. From that moment on R/3 will keep filling this LO-database. If you wouldn’t run the setup. BI would start with data from the moment you start the filling of LO (with the logistical cockpit)
Q12) How can you eliminate the duplicate records in TD, MD?
Ans: Try to check the system logs through SM21 for the same.
Q13) What use a marker in MM?
Ans: A marker update is just like a checkpoint.
ie it will give the snapshot of the stock on a particular date ie when was the marker updated.
Because we are using a Noncumulative key figure it will a lot of time to calculate the current stock for example at report time. To overcome this we use marker update
Marker updates do not summarize the data. In inventory management scenarios, we have to calculate opening stock and closing stock on a daily basis. In order to facilitate this, we set a marker that will add and subtract the values for each record.
In the absence of a marker update, the data will be added up and will not provide the correct values.
Q14) Tell me a web template?
Ans: You get information on where the web template details are stored from the following tables :
RSZWOBJ Storage of the Web Objects
RSZWOBJTXT Texts for Templates/Items/ Views
RSZWOBJXREF Structure of the BW Objects in a Template
RSZWTEMPLATE Header Table for BW HTML Templates
You can check these tables and search for your web template entry. However, If I understand your question correctly, you will have to open the template in the WAD and then make the corrections in the same to correct it.
Q15) What is a dashboard?
Ans: A dashboard can be created using the web application Designer (WAD) or the visual composer (VC). A dashboard is just a collection of reports, views, and links, etc in a single view. For e.g. google is a dashboard.
A dashboard is a graphical reporting interface, which displays KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) as charts and graphs. A dashboard is a performance management system
when we look at the all organization measures how they are performing with a helicopter view, we need a report that teaches and shows the trend in a graphical display quickly. These reports are called Dashboard Reports, still, we can report these measures individually, but by keeping all measures in a single page, we are creating a single access point to the users to view all information available to them. Absolutely this will save a lot of precious time, gives clarity on a decision that needs to be taken, helps the users to understand the measure(s) trend with business flow creating a dashboard.
Dashboards: Could be built with Visual Composer & WAD
create your dashboard in BW,
(1) Create all BEx Queries with required variants, tune them perfectly.
(2) Differentiate table queries and graph queries.
(3) Choose the graph type required that meet your requirement.
(4) Draw the layout of how the Dashboard page looks like.
(5) Create a web template that has navigational block/selection information.
(6) Keep navigational block fields are common across the measures.
(7) Include the relevant web items into a web template.
(8) Deploy the URL/Iview to users through portal/intranet
The steps to be followed in the creation of Dashboard using WAD are summarized as below:
1) Open a New Web template in WAD.
2) Define the tabular layout as per the requirements so as to embed the necessary web items.
3) Place the appropriate web items in the appropriate tabular grids
4) Assign queries to the web items (A Query assigned to a web item is called as a data provider)
5) Care should be taken to ensure that the navigation block’s selection parameters are common across all the BEx queries of the affected data providers.
6) Properties of the individual web items are to be set as per the requirements. They can be modified in the Properties window or in the HTML code.
7) The URL when this web template is executed should be used in the portal/intranet
Q16) About DTP?
Ans: Data Transfer Process:
Data transfer process (DTP) loads data within BI from one object to another object with respect to
transformations and filters. In short, DTP determines how data is transferred between two persistent objects.
It is used to load the data from PSA to data target (cube or ods or info object) thus, it replaced the data mart interface and the Info Package.
Q17) What is the difference between PSA & IDOC?
Ans: BI7 is PSA used only for Data load from Source System into BW
Q18) What do we do in the Business Blue Print Stage?
Ans: SAP has defined a business blueprint phase to help extract pertinent information about your company that is necessary for implementation. These blueprints are in the form of questionnaires that are designed to probe for information that uncovers how your company does business. As such, they also serve to document the implementation. Each business blueprint document essentially outlines your future business processes and business requirements. The kinds of questions asked are germane to the particular business function, as seen in the following sample questions:1) What information do you capture on a purchase order?2) What information is required to complete a purchase order? Accelerated SAP question and answer database: The question and answer database (QADB) is a simple although aging tool designed to facilitate the creation and maintenance of your business blueprint. This database stores the questions and the answers and serves as the heart of your blueprint. Customers are provided with a customer input template for each application that collects the data. The question and answer format are standard across applications to facilitate easier use by the project team. Issues database: Another tool used in the blueprinting phase is the issues database. This database stores any open concerns and pending issues that relate to the implementation. Centrally storing this information assists in gathering and then managing issues to resolution, so that important matters do not fall through the cracks. You can then track the issues in the database, assign them to team members, and update the database accordingly.
Q19) Why we use DTP, What is the Importance of DTP(Data Transfer Process)?
Ans: The main Advantages are :
- Delta Loading Mechanism
- Error - Handling Mechanism
- Performance is improved.
Q20) Explain the Different types of DSO?
Ans: We have three types of DSO's they are :
1. Standard DSO: In standard DSO Delta determination from after images from a record level. in was direct
DSO there is no such option like this. In Standard DSO there are 3 tables NEW DATA TABLE, ACTIVE DATA TABLE,
CHANGELOG TABLE. In this SID generation allowed. it is used for Bex reporting.
2. Write Optimized DSO : This is only to write optimized DSO only, just like a snapshot. it has only the Active Data Table.
there is no SID Generation. It is allowed for Bex reporting.
3. Direct DSO. This is also the same as WDSO, Snapshot of extracted data. It has only one ACTIVE DATA
TABLE. There is no SID Generation. It is useful for Bex Reporting.
Q21) Explain Different Types of InfoCube?
1. Standard InfoCube :
- Standard info cube is a physical data storage device and it stores the transaction data at a summary level
- It is not possible to edit or write the data into the standard InfoCube.
- There are a total of 27 tables are there in standard info cube.
2. Real-Time Info Cube :
- Real-time Info cubes are used for planning purposes.
- we can write the planned data into real-time info cube.
3. Virtual InfoCube :
Virtual Info cubes are used for Data Reconciliation.
Q22) What is Cumulative and Non Cumulative key figures?
Cumulative Key Figures: The Key Figure whose value is additive is called cumulative Key figures. Ex. The amount, Price, Quality, Balance .. etc.
Non-Cumulative Key Figures: The Key Figure whose values Nonadditive is called non Cumulative key figure. Ex. Issued stock Quantity, Receipt Stock Quality.
Q23) What is Key Figure Aggregation and Exception Aggregation?
Aggregation: In the aggregation, we define the aggregation behavior of the key figure.
I .e. In the aggregation, we specify the function SUM/ MAXIMUM / MINIMUM values.
Exception Aggregation: In the Exception Aggregation, we can specify the function [last value / First Value / Min Value / Max Value ] which determines the way in which the key figure is aggregated using the reference characteristic for exception aggregation in Bex.
Q24) What are Different Types of Attributes?
Display Attribute: Display attributes are used for display at BEX Reporting.
Navigational Attribute: Navigational Attributes are used for Drill Down and Drill Across Functionality in BEX Reporting. Navigational Attributes ac as a characteristic Info Object.
Transitive Attributes: Attribute of an Attribute is called a Transitive Attribute. company code | plant | Location plant is an attribute of company code, location is an attribute of the plant. Location is a transitive attribute of company code.
Q25) What is a Rule Group? What are different Rule Groups?
Ans: The Rule Group is the Transformation that contains a group of rule types.
Rule Groups are 2 types.
Standard Rule Group: In the standard Rule group all standard rule types are grouped.
Technical Rule Group: The Source field " ROCANCEL" is mapped with " 0RECORDMODE". this group exits only fr DSO.
Q26) Can we create Info Object and Info cube with the same Technical name?
Ans: If Info Object acts as a Data Target, Then we can't give the same Technical name.
If the info object does not act as a data target, then we can give the same Technical name.