ETL Developer roles and responsibilities are:
-Logical design (flow chart)
-Physical design (coding)
-Peer view – if it is ok, proceed to next step, if else start again from 3 step
-Design Turnover Document (DTD)/ Technical Design Document (TDD)/ Detailed Design Document (DDD) -- > produces job Report
- - > Architecture
- - > Dimensional modeling(schemas)
- - > Dimensional characteristics
- - > Fact characteristics
- - > for a developer if he is given by Document he needs to, follow all the 10 rules and regulations.
__ One Record for each Kindle (Multiple Records for multiple address and Dummy Records for joint Accounts)
- - >So, one record should be maintained for every customer
Desired to gain proficiency on DataStage? Explore the blog post on DataStage training to become a pro in DataStage.
Format of Mapping Document - - > We have two formats of Mapping documents
- - > we may also get job templates as input for designing jobs. Format
|S NO||Load order||Target entity||Target Attribute||SRC entity||SRC Attribute||TRF||EH||Cornet|
|S no||Load order||Target entity||Target Attribute||SRC entity||SRC Attribute||TRF||EH||Cornet|
EXP _ EMP à hire date à EMP
Dept Name à DNO àDEFT
- - > from these 5 details a Mapping document is text prepared and given to the developer
Exp _ EMP :-
To find out the experience of an employee we need to know the hire date from the EMP table
So, EMP is one of the Source entity, and its Source attributes will be ENO, ENAME, Hire date, DNO .
DEPT Name :-
To Know the Dept Name, We need to Know the DNO from DEPT table
So, DEPT is another Source Entity with DNO, DANME as Source attributes.
- - >first, last and Middle Names Will be taken from the EName of EMP Table.
- - > Now the Target Attribute, that we need to find out are, ENO, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, EXP_EMP, Dname
Target Entity or Target Table Will be EXP_ EMP Conventions:-
Set of rules to be followed
There are 4 types of conventions that are to be followed while naming :
You liked the article?
Like : 0
Vote for difficulty
Current difficulty (Avg): Medium
TekSlate is the best online training provider in delivering world-class IT skills to individuals and corporates from all parts of the globe. We are proven experts in accumulating every need of an IT skills upgrade aspirant and have delivered excellent services. We aim to bring you all the essentials to learn and master new technologies in the market with our articles, blogs, and videos. Build your career success with us, enhancing most in-demand skills in the market.
Get stories of change makers and innovators from the startup ecosystem in your inbox