Q.1) What is Oracle Apex?
The most important and basic feature of Oracle Apex is that it is tightly integrated with Oracle DB, & fully capable of the web development environment. We can even customize the theme or use the basic theme for the look & feel of the application.
Q.2) What are the advantages of APEX? The following are the advantages of APEX:
- No license required it is free.
- To build application it is a fast learning curve for developers.
- We can build web applications that are fast & secure through APEX.
- There is a lot of scope for customization of the application as per our requirement.
- Deployment of application is very simple as “Import & Export”. If any hard code with reference to values varies between environments are avoided.
- Apex Framework & meta-data is stored in Oracle tables. It runs on live Oracle DB’s.
Q.3) SQL Statement that defines a foreign key constraint on column DEPT NO1 of EMP1 Table?
Ans) CREATE TABLE EMP1 (empno NUMBER(301), ename VARCHAR(45), deptno NUMBER(5,3), NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT emp1_deptno1_fk FOREIGN KEY deptno1 REFERENCES dept1(deptno1));
Q.4) What are DML Commands?
Ans) Delete, Update, Merge & Commit are the DML Commands.
The SQL Statement that generates alias od annual salary for column calculated SALARY*12?
SELECT eno, ename, salary*12 ”Annual Salary” FROM employees1;
Q.5) Specify the user through which you connect to APEX application?
Q.6)Skills required for APEX developers?
Q.7) Mention the types of APEX Users? Actually, they are divided into 3 they are:
- Instance Administrators.
- Workspace Administrators.
Q.8) Define the support for APEX that exists?
Ans) Application Express could be the best community for some to help deliver, develop & the use of APEX applications. The basic support is from APEX forum of Oracle Tech Network. We can find answers & tips related to development from in & out of Oracle.
Q.9) Few Examples of Views of Apex?
apex_workspace_activity_log, apex_workspace etc.
Q.10) Define how to direct application to Https instead of Http?
Steps to Include::
Create wallet from apache home → configure ssl.conf file → Restart apache → Verify using optmnctl status - I
Q.11) What are the platforms that support Oracle Apex?
Ans) The below mentioned supports the Oracle Apex::
- HP Tru64 UNIX (Compaq / DEC)
- HP-UX PA -RISC
- HP-UX Itanium
- Linux x86-64
- Linux Itanium
- Microsoft Windows - x64
- Microsoft Windows - 64 -bit Itanium
- Solaris Operating System - SPARC - 64 bit
- Solaris x86
- Microsoft Windows - 32 -bit
- Mac OS X Server
- Linux x86
- Linux on Power