In this blog, we have collected the important SAP EWM interview questions to help you prepare for the SAP job interview. According to Datanyze, SAP EWM has a market share of about 12.6%. This clearly shows that opportunities for SAP EWM professionals are soaring. So you still have the chance to move ahead in your career with SAP EWM.
To gain in-depth knowledge and be on par with practice experience, then explore SAP EWM Training.
SAP EWM Interview Questions and Answers
1. What is SAP EWM (Extended Warehouse Management)?
Ans: SAP EWM is part of SAP AG's Supply Chain Management Suite of solutions. The Extended Warehouse Management product is an integrated software platform for flexible, automated support for processing goods movements and for managing inventory in the warehouse.
2. What happens when no storage location for picking is specified in the ordered item?
- The system determines the storage location when it creates the outbound delivery and copies it into the delivery item.
- The storage location entered in the ordered item is used in the outbound delivery
3. What is the goods movement status of the outbound delivery after a goods issue has been cancelled?
Ans: Not yet started
4. You must always specify a batch before goods are issued. What is the solution if the delivery quantities of an item are to be taken from different batches?
- In Ware House Management
- Manually in the batch split screen of the delivery item
- Using automatic batch determination when creating the outbound delivery
5. What Is The Highest Unit And Smallest Unit In A Warehouse Structure?
Ans: The highest unit in a Warehouse is a Warehouse number and the smallest unit is a storage bin.
6. What Is Slotting Process In Ewm?
Ans: Slotting is a process in EWM to define the most suitable putaway parameters- storage type, section, etc. Slotting places the good in a warehouse in a manner that provides the most optimal storage and picking of goods.
7. What is the requirement for the Purchase order items that are included when the inbound delivery is created?
Ans: They should have a confirmation control key
8. Where can we find the exact whereabouts of a material quantity in the warehouse?
Ans: Storage bins In Warehouse Management, Storage bins are master data created either from the application menu or in Customizing. Based on this master data, the stock overview in Warehouse Management shows the exact whereabouts of a material quantity in the warehouse.
9. What are the transactions available to create a transfer order for moving partial stocks within a warehouse number?
- Two transactions are available to create a transfer order for moving partial stocks within a warehouse number:
- Create Transfer Order without Source Object (transaction code LT01)
- Create Transfer Order from Stock List (transaction code LT10)
10. What Are The Different Organizational Units In Warehouse Management?
- Warehouse Number
- Storage Type
- Storage Section
- Storage Bin
- Activity Areas
11. What Are Value Added Services In Warehouse Management?
Ans: Value-Added Services define product processing to be performed in a warehouse and includes activities like packing, labelling, assembling, etc.
12. How Do You Perform Direct Goods Issue In Sap Ewm System?
Ans: The goods issue process in extended warehouse management starts with the outbound delivery request. When an outbound delivery document is created, this process starts in ERP system. For items that are relevant in EWM, the delivery document is replicated in the SAP EWM system.
13. What Are The Different Types Of Storage Control?
- Layout Oriented
- Process Oriented
14. What Is Replenishment In Sap Ewm?
Ans: Replenishment is defined as the movement of goods from warehouses to shipment locations. In SAP EWM, you can use predefined techniques for the replenishment of storage bins. There are different replenishment control fields defined at storage type level or storage bin level. The data for control fields can be entered manually in the system or you can use a slotting process to define these fields.
15. What Is The Use Of Rf Framework In Ewm System?
- In SAP EWM, RF stands for radio frequency mobile data entry that allows real-time communication between warehouse employees and the EWM system.
- RF framework supports both browser-based and GUI devices to connect to the SAP system. You can create screen templates and merge them into a so-called display profile. This display profile is assigned to the presentation device.