DSW (Distribution Selection Word)
Inclined to build a profession as Teradata Developer? Then here is the blog post on, explore Teradata Training
Hash Map provides a relationship between row hash value[DSW] and Amp address Primary index Physical Mechanism [Storage & retrieval Party id mechanism]
The dates distribution in the Amp’s and amp contains the data in rowed logical Sequence
Inside the Amp
Sel * From party where Pid=2
Hash synonym(or) Hash collisions
- Getting the same row hash values for the same (or) to PI value is called hash synonym(or) Hash collision.
- In this situation to identify every row system takes a concept called rowed.
- It is useful to identify every record unique in the amp.
- It is taken by the amp only.
- It contains 64 bits first 32 bits are row hash value, next 32 bits are u values.
For In-depth knowledge on Teradata click on:
- BTEQ Features in Teradata
- Secondary Index in TeraData
- Memory Management in TeraData
- Types of OLAP’s in TeraData
- TPUMP Structure and Process In TeraData