Data Formats Attributes & Modeling in Data Stage
- Data formats are also of different and are need to converted as of our required data
- PQ 0102
That is 010102
2nd jan 2001
Where P =0 Q =1 R = 2 S = 3
- Transformations may take place in different ways from Source to target.
- - > We may load the Source attribute ENO as it is to the Target Attribute , or may make Same attribute.
The data-* attributes is used to store custom data private to the page or application.
The data-* attributes gives us the ability to embed custom data attributes on all HTML elements.
The data-* attributes consist of two parts:
-The attribute name should not contain any uppercase letters, and must be at least one character long after the prefix "data-"
-The attribute value can be any string
Note: Custom attributes prefixed with "data-" will be completely ignored by the user agent.
Ex: We have ENO as N 1234, N 3567
-The transformation we need to make is change All Ns to the value 8.
-Now, ENO Will be 81234,83563
-Both the source entities may have on Referential Integrity i.e they are related With each other to make same transformations.
-The main 4 jobs involved in doing an project are :
- - > Both the Source Entities , are related with each other through joins, known as
Horizontal Combining in data Warehousing.
Dimensional modeling / ER Modeling:
- - > Modeling will never happen at data base i.e Oracle
- - > Source system when modeled will always have only E- R Model
- - > Target system when modeled may have either E- R / Dimensional model
Desired to gain proficiency on DataStage?
Explore the blog post on DataStage training to become a pro in DataStage.
-Logical representation of Source system or Target system w. r. t client requirements
-r .t customer perspective
-Logical representation is nothing but pictorial representation.
-Modeling popular Modeling Tools Modeling Tools.
-Most popular Modeling Tools are
Based on Business Requirements Document (BRB), Modeling Will be done by Data Modeler /DBA/Team leader (TL)/ Project loader (PL)
- - >To create it in a database,
- using the same Modeling Tools, We can also Create physical Model(A code/ query)
- Once the Queries are created , click on RUN, data will be created to data base.
Designed from Scratch (from beginning)
Making some attributes to the already existing Model
why do we called Target system as a Dimension Model ?
- A client can see the information in different dimensions.
- Will always maintain lowest level of information i.e Detailed
- Will have Meaningful, descriptive , detailed info.
(Ex: Suppose we want exp of emp as target info, Target system will products
Emp of Emp in different ways , that is in years, months, days, Hours, Seconds, nano Seconds )
For indepth understanding of DataStage click on