Advantages and Disadvantages of C++ language
C++ is based on the C language and it was developed in early 1980’s by Bjarne Stroustrup at AT&T Bell Laboratories, Here “++” use for the extension because “++” is a syntactic construct used in C to increment a variable. Most of C++ content is the super-set of “C” ,Due to this extension most C programs can be compiled using a C++ compiler.
A C++ program is a collection of commands, which tell the computer to do “something”. This collection of commands is usually called C++ source code
C++ is the Mid-Level programming language because it acquire the feature of Low level as well as high level programming language.
Using C++ Programming Language we can create different kind of Software , These are:
- System software
- application software
- device drivers
- embedded software
- high-performance server and client applications and
- entertainment software such as video games
What is C++ ?
C++ is an object oriented programming language
What is language ?
A language is a software computer is an electronic device cannot perform operating by own.
Language provide set of instructions to perform operations by computer.
Language is nothing but programming tool
C++ is the name of the language
‘c’ language is derived from ‘B’ language
‘B’ language is derived from BCPL
‘C’ language develops in the year 1972
C++ language is develops in the year 1980
What is a Program?
Set of instructions or collection of instructions and data.
Programming elements are
In order to write a program to required Data and instructions.
programming is nothing but process of organize data and instructions according to given problem
object oriented means rules and regularity
What are Programming Principles
Programming principle defines set of rules and regulations for the organization of data and instructions
- Process Monolithic programming
- Process oriented programming
- Modular oriented programming
- Structure oriented programming
- Object oriented programming
Applications of C++
Using C++ you can develop system software like OS, Device Drivers, Network(N/W) protocols, PC – utilities
Application software you can develop application like
- Word processing
- C++ is a general purpose programming language better than ‘c’
- General purpose means it is suitable for developing any type of software.
- CUI means a character user interface
Unstructured programming / Monolithic programming
- Organizing the data and instructions are organized in sequential manner called Monolithic programming
- In this approach instruction organization in sequential order
- A sequence is set of instructions used to solve a given problem. ( Assembly level language, Basic)
- Program execution is controlled to using a goto statement
Code redundancy : same operation has to be more than one time, same sequence has to copy at a number of places.
Size of program is incremental
Efficiency of the program is decreased
COBOL and Pascal are called as procedural oriented programming languages.
In this approach instruction organized according to their operations by dividing into small programs or small pieces called subroutine.
A subroutine is a small program within a program
This subroutine can be procedure or function
- Modularity : Dividing a program into small pieces 0 also called as divide and conqueror According to their operations into small modular.
- Re-usability: write code once and use more than one time.
- Readability : Easy to read or understand.
- Data is global or local
- Its emphasis on instructions, but not on data.
What is a Modular programming
In modular programming, a module is a programming in this approach, an application contains one or more that one module
Each program is divided into a subroutine.
A program which contains a main is called an executable module which is compiled as .ex
A program which has doesn’t have main is called reusable module which is compiled as .LIB(Library)
‘C’ and pascal are called structured programming language
Characters of structured programming
- Modular programming
- User defined data types (Pascal)
- scoped variables (local & Global)
- One subroutine communicates with another by passing values
- Top-down approach
- Data is global and global data does not have security
- Unrelated operation access global data, if leads and logical errors.
- debugging application is complex
- In a large program identifying which operation performs operation on what data becomes complex.
Advantages and Disadvantages of C++ language
Advantages of C++
- Object oriented
- Portable language (writing a program irrespective of operating system as well as Hardware)
- Low level language like Assembly language on Machine language called portable.
- C++ use multi-paradigm programming. The Paradigm means style of programming .paradigm concerned about logics , structure and procedure of the program. C++ is multi-paradigm means it follow three paradigm Generic, Imperative, Object Oriented.
- It is useful for low level programming language and very efficient for general purpose.
- C++ provide performance and memory efficiency.
- It provide a high level abstraction.
- in the language of the problem domain.
- C++ is compatible with C.
- C++ used reusability of code.
- C++ used inheritance, polymorphism.
- Portability allows to develop program irrespective of hardware
- It allows to move the program develop for one platform to another platform
- C compatible (COMP) : Programs developed in ‘C’ language can be moved without any modifications into C++
- C++ is an object oriented embedded language which is having the characteristics of low level language & which is also developing the embedded software.
- Which language having low level features
- It has no security
- C++ has a boo table
- Complex in very large high level program.
- Used for platform specific application commonly.
- For a particular operating system or platform the library set is usually chosen that locks.
- when C++ used for web applications complex and difficult to debug.
- C++ can’t support garbage collection.
- C++ is not secure because it has pointer, friend function and global variable.
- No support for threads built in.
What is the C and C++?
How different is C# from C++?
What is the difference between C & C++ ?
|It is a structured programming language.||It is an object-oriented programming language|
|It does not have inline function||It supports inline function|
|It does not support functions with default arguments||It supports() with default arguments|
|It does not have exception handing||It supports exception handling|
|It having pointers||It having pointer and references|
|It is a middle level language||It is a high-level language|
|It uses scanf() and printf() function for standard input and output||It uses cin>>and cout<< for standard input and output|
|The C program file is saved with .C extensions||C++ program file is saved with.CPP extension.|
For In depth understanding of C++ click on
Our course design of tutorials is practical and informative. At TekSlate, we offer resources to help you learn various IT courses. We avail both written material and demo video tutorials. For in-depth knowledge and practical experience explore C++ Tutorials.