Welcome to Informatica MDM Tutorials. The objective of these tutorials is to provide an in-depth understanding of Informatica MDM.
In addition to free Informatica MDM Tutorials, we will cover common interview questions, issues, and how to’s of Informatica MDM.
Informatica MDM Introduction
- Informatica Concepts
- Informatica Tutorials
- Rank Transformation In Informatica
- Informatica in Data Warehouse
- ETL Project Architecture in Informatica
- Informatica Interview Questions & Answers
- Informatica ILM Tutorial
- Event Wait Event Rise In Informatica
- Informatica Data Quality Interview Questions
- Aggregator Transformation In Informatica
- Sorter Transformation In Informatica
- Lookup Transformation In Informatica With Examples
- Informatica Transformations - Data Ware Houses
Master Data Management: It’s a method of identifying the most significant information in the organization, to one file (master file), which gives a general spot of reference.If done accurately, it simplifies the data sharing between the employees and the department. Additionally, it facilitates the computation in several system architectures and platforms and applications.
- Informatica Corporation is a software company founded in 1993 by Gaurav Dhillon and Diaz Nesamoney. Informatica Corporation is well known for its data integration (ETL) product PowerCenter. A lot of times when people say Informatica they actually mean Informatica PowerCenter!
- Over the course of the last 10 years, Informatica has introduced a series of products – all related to Data Integration & Warehousing. A quick list of Informatica products is right here:
- B2B Data Exchange
- MDM – Master Data Management
- TDM/ILM – Test Data Management / Information Lifecycle Management / Data Archive
- Informatica Data Masking / Dynamic Data Masking
- iPaaS – Integration Platform as a Service
- Informatica Data Virtualization
Inclined to build a profession as Informatica MDM Developer? Then here is the blog post on, explore Informatica MDM Training
Overview of Informatica MDM
- It authorizes organizations to develop operations with business-user accessing to combine regular business-critical data, even after scattering it across the organization.
- Informatica family conveys true multiple domain masters data management, authorizing you with unlimited openings to start with any kind of business- significant data and adds as many numbers of domains as one likes to add.
- Broadly accepted for its best performance, Informatica’s MDM products offer complete support for all MDM requirements on one platform, comprising of data integration, profiling, quality, and master data management.
- The application approach to MDM begins with user integration and passes to business reasoning, and lastly the data model. Its platform approach begins with the data model and later goes to business logic and client interface.
Informatica PowerCenter is a tool, supporting all the steps of the Extraction, Transformation, and Load process. A whole lot of product offerings are orchestrated around PowerCenter’s ability to connect to different technologies ranging from mainframe to CRM to Big Data.
Informatica PowerCenter is easy to use the tool. It has got a simple visual interface like forms in visual basic. You just need to drag and drop different objects (known as transformations) and design process flow for data extraction transformation and load. These process flow diagrams are known as mappings. Once a mapping is developed, it can be scheduled to run as and when required. In the background Informatica server takes care of fetching data from the source, transforming it, & loading it to the target systems/databases.
PowerCenter can communicate with all major data sources (mainframe, Big Data, RDBMS, Flat Files, XML, SAP, Salesforce & the list goes on), can move/transform data between them. It can move huge volumes of data in a very effective way, many times better than even bespoke programs written for specific data movement. It can throttle the transactions (do big updates in small chunks to avoid long locking and filling the transactional log). It can effectively join data from two distinct data sources (even an xml file can be joined with a relational table). In all, Informatica has got the ability to effectively integrate heterogeneous data sources & converting raw data into useful information.
Advantages of Informatica MDM
- It is a flexible business model-driven MDM to fulfill the exceptional business requirements.
- It’s complicated hierarchy management conceals the valued relations among the data.
- Quickly installable and expandable multi-domain.
- Operational proficiency is increased by the confiding in an extraordinarily reliable framework.