It is a system software which is used to convert programming language code into binary format.
Translators are classified into 3 types:
- A compiler is a system software which convert programming language code into binary format in a single step.
- An interpreter is a system software which converts programming language code into binary format step by step. (Line by Line)
- By using Assembler, we can convert, assembly language instructions into binary format.
- As per performance wise, recommended to use compiler, as per the development, recommended to go for an interpreter.
It is a special kind of instruction which is used to communicate with computer.
Programming languages are classified in to 2 types.
- High level programming language
- Low level programming language
High Level programming Language:
Which programming language syntactically similar to English and easy to understand.
- By using high level programming Languages, we are developing user interface applications.
- C,c++,vc++,c+,Java, Cobol,Pascal,objective-c
Low level programming language:
This programming language is also called Assembly programming language.
- In low level programming language, instructions will be there in symbolic format (Mnemonics).
- By using low level programming languages, we are developing device driver.
- A device driver is a system software component which is required to use to communicate a software with hardware components.
8051,8086 M.C. Languages.
C programming language:
It is a high level procedure oriented structured programming language.
- When we are developing an application in module format then it is called procedure oriented language.
Structured programming language:
When we are developing the program in top-down format with the help of blocks, then it is called structured programming language.