NEVERSHARE & ALIASES in EssBase
tag the parent member , never share , when you don’t want the value of to be implicitly shared with the parent member . in the above example , quantity is tagged as never share and it has it’s own storage space .or we can write formula also or we can set it to missing .
Aliases are alternate names for a member .
To create aliases on a member .right click and edit member properties button . click the text box next to the default . enter name
Usually aliases are used for creating long names . when a database is created . we can create 9 more aliases table in the outline . the aliases table contains information about member name and aliases name as in the example
“JAN 2007” “jan regular”
“si” “south india ”
“ap” “Andhra predesh”
An alias table name can take maximum of 30 characters . an alias name can take maximum of 80 characters .
To create alias table:-
- Double click the outline and click properties tab .
- Right click on the alias table click create alias table and enter the name of the alias table.
- Only one alias information can be seen in the outline , the alias table should be activate. To make an alias table active, right click on the alias table and select set activate
Alias tab backup:-
To take backup of alias table, right click on the alias table and click export select alias table and click browse and folder to export . the alias table can be exported with .alt extension and it can be opened with note pad .
To restore the alias table right click on the alias table and click import and locate the exported file from the above step . click OK. Alias table gets created.
To create aliases using rules files:-
INDIA SI AP ANDHRA PREDESH
INDIA SI TN TAMILNADU
- Open data prep editor
- Open data source file (or open SQLDB and enter the required SQL)
- Map the first column to generation for geography enter 2 in the member field. Map the 3rd column to GEN 4 . for the last column , select the dimension. Select . select alias under field type . the number will be same as previous column .
- Click options , dimensions build settings , dimensions build settings tab. Select ‘allow property changes ’ .
- Validate and save the rules file (these steps are with respect to the above data)