Introduction to Visual Force
Introduction to VisualForce in Salesforce:
Salesforce.com has created a comprehensive platform for building on demand applications .like other sophisticated application developer's platform's the force.com platform offer's separate tools for defining.
- The structure of data ---> DATA MODEL
- The rules that detail how the data can be manipulated BUSINESS LOGIC
- The layout that specifies how data should be displayed THE USER INTERFACE
This splitting up application development tools based on the above is known as MVC (Model View Control) application development pattern.
- Model ---> data model
- View ---> user interface
- Controller ---> Business logic
While the tools for building the data model and business logic for applications are powerful solutions that run natively on force.com platform servers, the existing tool's for defining user interface's have certain limitations.
Enthusiastic about exploring the skill set of Salesforce?Then, have a look at the Salesforce Training Online to gather additional knowledge.
The Limitations are Page Layouts:
It’s a point and click tool that allows applications developer to organic fields, buttons and related lists on record detail pages, doesn't provide much flexibility in how sets of information can be displayed.
Field must always appear above related lists
- Button's must appear below the fields (above)
- And S.Control's and custom link's can only be placed in particular areas