What is a Software?
Digitalised automated process is called software.
- Whenever graphic user interface is available then it is called digitalised, without human interaction, if the process is completed, then it is called automated process.
- A software is a collection of programmes.
- A program is a set of instructions which is designed for particular task.
- ‘N’ no of programs combined together like a single unit, it is called software tool or software component.
- Software’s are classified in to two types:
- System software
- Application software.
1. System software: This software is designed for general purpose and doesn't having any limitations.
Then it is called system software.
E.g. Operating system, compiler.
2.Application Software: This software is designed for particular task and contains limitations. It is called Application software.
E.g.: MS.Office, oracle, Tally.
- By using MS.Office, we can maintain information in document format.
- By using oracle, we can maintain information in Table format.
- By using Tally, we can maintain account related information.
- A computer is an Electronic device which accepts the instruction from the user, according to user send
- Instructions, it produce results.
- Who, using the applications is called user and who developing the application is called programmer.
- The basic purpose of Language is communication.
- Computer knows only one language i.e., Binary format.
- As a programmer, when we required to interact with a computer, we need a communication channel, it is called programming language.
- A programming Language is a special kind of instructions which is used to communicate with computer.
- As a programmer, if we knows the programming language, we can’t interact directly with computer because computer cannot understand programming language code. (It knows only binary language)
- In above case, we required a Mediator, called “Translator”
As a programmer, we required to give the instructions in programming language, translator will converts programming language into binary format, then according to the given instruction we will get an application / Result.
Programmer p.l Translator Binary Computer App/result