- An object oriented programming language
- Initially named C with classes
- Developed by Bjourne stroustrip
- Renamed as c++ in 1983
- The idea comes from C statement operator +*
- IS a superset of C
Advantages of C++
- Object oriented
- Portable language (writing a program irrespective of operating system as well as Hardware)
- Low level language like Assembly language on Machine language called portable.
- Portability allows to develop program irrespective of hardware
- It allows to move the program develop for one platform to another platform
- C compatible (COMP) : Programs developed in ‘C’ language can be moved without any modifications into C++
- C++ is an object oriented embedded language which is having the characteristics of low level language & which is also developing the embedded software.
Which language having low level features
- it have no security
- C++ has a bootable, yes c++ is a bootable
What is the difference between C & C++ ?
|It is a structured programming language.||It is an object oriented programming language|
|It does not have inline function||It support inline function|
|It does not support functions with default arguments.||It support() with default arguments|
|It does not have exception handing||It support exception handling|
|It does not support generic programming||It support generic programming|
|It having pointers||It having pointer & and references.|