- The entity objects are used if one wishes to do some insert/update operations.
- Entity Objects represents a Data Base Row of a table.
- Entity Objects will be based on the View (Oracle View), Synonyms or snapshots.
- We need to create Entity Object if we want to perform DML operations on the OAF Page.
- All the Entity Objects end with the EO.
- When we create Entity Object (EO) one subclass will generate.
We have two types of Entity Objects
- PL/SQL based Entity Objects
- Java-based Entity Objects
Note that we have two types of tables in Oracle Apps they are Custom Tables and Seeded Tables.
If we want to perform the DML operations on the standard (Seeded) table, then we go for PL/SQL based Entity Object, and if we want to perform the DML operations on the custom table then we go for Java-Based Entity Object.
- Entity Association is the relationship between two Entity Objects having one common column.
- All the Entity Association ends with the AO (Association Object).
- If we want to perform DML operations on Master Detail page, then we go for Entity Association.
- If we want to common know column between two tables, then we will go for Entity Association.
Check out our Popular Trainings