Database Level Permission :-
at database level we have below permissions available.
- DB designer
None is the lowest permission and DB designer has all rights for particular DB.
FILTER control the security down to a cell level. Filters should be created under the DB. Only one filter can be assigned to a user at a time .
The filter information and the security information are stored in ESSBASE.SEC file.
RULES for FILTER :-
- The members must be separated by comma, there are 4 types of access levels parent. Those are none, read, write and meta read.
- If there is any conflicting access level will take the priority
- The detailed member specification gets highest priority.
With this filter , user will get READ access for all measures for AP market , except for AP, SALES combination.
REPORT SCRIPTS :-
report scripts are used to create formatted reports. The output of the report cannot be edited and there are no drill down/up features available.
- To create report scripts : right click o9n the report script , report script editor opens. Enter all the commands , validate and save the report with .REP extent ion
- Click execute button , another screen appears it has 3 options. When we select console the report will be displayed on t6he screen. When we select printer , then report will be printed to a printer
- When we select the output option , we need to give the path of the report . the extension of the file script we can open this text editor . the report writer consist of 3 main components .
Report script editor : Where we write the report writer commands
Reporter extractor : Which connects to the ESSBASE d/b , which retrieves the data .
Report viewer : Where the reports get displayed .
<Children “Q1 2007”
<Column (geography, products)
<ROW (measures )
- Increasing the retrieval buffer size , default it is set to 10 KB . we can set this up to 100 KB
CACHES: They are 5 types of caches . those are
- index cache
- data file cache
- data cache
- calculator cache
- dynamic calculator cache
INDEX CACHE:- index cache is a buffer in memory that holds index pages it can hold depends upon the index file cache settings . default size is 102 KB
DATA FILE CACHE:– this is a buffer in memory that holds compressed data file caches .pagfile. default size is 32768 KB
DATA CACHE :– this is a buffer in memory that holds uncompressed data blocks . default size is 3072 KB
CALCULATOR :– this memory is used to hold blocks that are equal to calculate the blocks
DYNAMIC CALCULATOR CACHE :– this memory holds block while calculating dynamic calc members during retrieval.
Double click on properties and click cache to see the caches.