Repository :- / Work Area / Project
It is a work Area with collection of different Components.
- Different Repository Components are
- Table Definition
- Shared Contains
- Routines ..etc
It is an Environment for developing ETL jobs using the components.
Engine :- /Data stage Server
- Responsible for Executing Data stage jobs.
- Engine is also Responsible for partitioning, Re- partitioning and Reverse partitioning.
Plugins are used for communication with external sources or target
- Though interface, the local of oracle are added to the Data stage
- Plug – ins will reside in package Installer
We need to install Data stage packages using packes of package Installer
- Package Installer
Common user interface :- / unified users:
- Web console
- Information Analyzer
- Common repository : / Meta Data Server
Common Environment to store w. r. t. Data Quality Data profiling and data Transformation.
- Common Engine :-
Responsible for information Analysis , Data Quality and data Transformation.
- Common Connectivity:-
Responsible for plug ins and packs.
- Common Shared Services :–
Acts as interface between all components
2 – layer Architecture
– – > W – H Inman is known as the faster of warehouse .
– – > Top – bottom approach was given by W – H Inman.
– – >Bottom – up approach was given by Ralph – Kimball.
Aspired to become an DataStage? Explore the post to discover the know-hows on DataStage Training.
L4 Project Architecture
Different format of .txt
– – > Fixed width flat files
– – > Comma separated values
– – > Variable length files
– – > Head and tail files
For indepth understanding of DataStage click on
- Introduction to DataStage
- Architecture of Data Stage
- Oracle Enterprise in Data Stage
- SCD(Slow changing Dimension) in Data Stage
- DataStage Tutorials