Apex Data Manipulation Language(DML) Operations in Salesforce
Use Data Manipulation Language (DML) Operations to insert, update, delete, and restore data in a database.We can execute DML Operations using two different forms.
- Apex DML Statement, Such as
- Apex DML database methods, such as
Database.saversult() result=Data Insert(SObject());
--->The following example that inserts a new invoice statement by calling insert and if we execute in the 'Developer console" that creates a record into the database.
Invoice_Statements_c Inv=new Invoice_statement_c(Description)c='capital info solutions');Insert Inv ---> Inserting the invoice using DML.
Note:- After the invoice statement is inserted the sobject variable inv will contain the ID of the new invoice statement.
* The following example shows the creating records through API for Account object using Insert DML Operation.
Account a=new Account();
Insert a;--->this means assigning the field values to account record
Enthusiastic about exploring the skill set of Salesforce? Then, have a look at the Salesforce Training Course together additional knowledge.
DML Operation used for inserting a record----> The following example shows the creating a contact through API using DML operation (Insert)
Contact C= new contact();
Override any account id here
//This means assigning account to a contact
Note:- For custom Objects;
Customer_c C=new customer_c();
API Name of lookup filed or MD field
Customer__c is child object and partner__c is parent object
Note: while inserting the object records the following notes
- Certain SObjects cannot be created to insert an object record because the ”create” permission of the object must be set to true
- We must supply a non-null value for all required fields
- The “insert” statement automatically sets the ID value of all new subjects records
- We can pass a maximum of 10,000 SObject records by using a single insert method.