Winning the job on Anaplan that accomplishes your all-time passion is no longer being tough. We have compiled frequently-asked Anaplan interview questions and answers to complete your preparation for the Anaplan interview in this blog. We provided all the questions and their short solutions that are easy for you to learn in an organized way. We prepared queries from basic to advanced levels that make it easy for you to achieve your dream job quickly.
Anaplan Interview Question and Answers
1. What is Anaplan?
Ans. Anaplan is a cloud-based software platform, which helps users streamline the planning process and performance in business.
2. What does Anaplan provide?
Ans. It provides the estimated analytics to predict the current business performance. It has mentioned all the records for marketing, IT, finance, HR, and sales. It aligns with business smoothly and responds to changes quickly.
3. What are the features of Anaplan?
Ans. Below are the critical features of Anaplan:
- Actual Reporting – This built-in dashboard helps in analyzing the health of processes and applications.
- Customization and Analysis – The users can quickly build a complex structure without any coding.
- Cloud-based platform – It is a customary portal for planning and reporting about the applications and processes.
- Readymade Applications – It gives pre-built apps with excellent operations that can add with just one click.
- Consolidate Data – The users can streamline all the information in a single portal.
- Security – It is highly customizable with regular monitoring.
4. What do you mean by Anaplan User access control?
Ans. Anaplan user access control authorizes you as tenant administrator to check the company's works, resources, types, and policies.
5. What are the access control roles?
Ans. Below are some roles defined to Anaplan:
- Tenant auditor
- Admin view
- Encryption admin
- Process proprietor
- Tenant Admin
If you want to enrich your career and become a professional in Informatica, then visit Tekslate - a global online training platform: "Anaplan Training" This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.
6. Can Individuals access Anaplan from mobile?
Ans. Yes, you can easily access Anaplan from any mobile phone with internet connectivity.
7. What are the standard formula errors in Anaplan?
- WeekValue – The weekly extract value that is returned and is not correct.
- Times – To or from are not performed according to requirements
- QuarterValue – The notional value is three times than expected.
- MovingSum – The methods are not working efficiently.
- Times – Total TIMESUM method does not function well as expected.
8. What are the benefits of Anaplan?
Ans. The Anaplan portals offer flexibility and portability that can serve as fundamentals for commercial, financial, and operation planning models. Moreover, these prototypes can easily be connected and work as smooth integration with one another.
The prototype can either be created from scratch or extended and customized depending on pre-delivered models.
- Financial Consolidation
- Quota management
- Traditional P&L
- Turnover forecasting and region planning
- cash flow and balance Sheet planning
- Premium conditioning and claims for insurance
- Calculations for price and commission
9. What are the modeling features of Anaplan?
- Model version – Anaplan allows the users to easily build new model versions that quickly copy models and detect accurate–time models as plan and loaded with information.
- Dynamic Scenario Building – Anaplan provides the strategic benefits with the quick, simple creation of dynamic situations according to time, list dimensions, and version.
- Master repository of business rules – All your burdensome business regulations are saved and managed in one easy-to-understand worksheet using living blueprint technology.
- Break back – With Break back, the client can set a target method, and other variations that make up those processes are altered according to the rules.
10. What kinds of charts are used in Anaplan?
- Map chart
- Combination Chart
- Pie chart
- Waterfall chart
- Funnel chart
- Column chart
- Bart chart
- Timeline chart
- Line chart
11. Who are the major clients of Anaplan?
Ans. Intel, Tableau, HP, Motorola, VMWare, Tata steel, and many more.
12. What is the collaborative workflow in Anaplan?
Ans. To check the status and approvals with a collaborative workflow that manages target authorization and consolidation roll-ups from the field from top to bottom. A robust audit assures that alteration can easily be detected.
13. What is the central data repository in Anaplan?
Ans. Anaplan provides a central repository to match with multiple sources of information for reliable and clean flow. Also, the master data (employees, products, cost centres, etc.) is readily available to analysts in the organization.
14. Explain the Anaplan Modules?
Ans. The models are defined as solid and adaptable that provides the potential to solve common but complex problems. The three types of modules are:
- Driver Modules – compute the values
- Output models – Used for reporting purpose
- Input models – Save data entry
15. Mention specific changes that are recorded in history?
Ans. A model saves the histories when particular changes occur as the user adds, renames, removes, and edits. Below are some elements:
- Line product subsets
- Subsets of list
- Revision marks
- Currency qualifiers
- Modules and processes
- Time settings
- List of owners and products
- Import data sources and source mapping
- Saved and roles views
- Functional and dashboard region
- User add or remove
16. Mention a few names that Anaplan supports?
Ans. It is crucial to remember that Anaplan sponsors multiple kinds of modules. It deals, investment, IT modules, supply chain, and advertising.
17. What does the term mean data Synchronicity in Anaplan?
Ans. Anaplan explosively synchronizes with information across connected plans that automatically total and search errors for absolute consistency.
18. What are the types of data synchronization?
- Global context
- Context selector
19. What is the central data warehouse?
Ans. Anaplan saves all the information in a centralized warehouse so that granularity is available for all its customers. It performs as a particular source of truth with all the transaction data from the source system. It provides the surety that the information is correct and increases performance through quick data loads.
20. What is the usage of dashboards and reports in Anaplan?
Ans. Anaplan has various publishing features that include dashboards, PDF generation, robust integrated plug-ins, and charts. Sharing the insights with the field helps the management perform its work analysis and build unique executive packs.
21. Describe application security in Anaplan?
Ans. Besides saving data centers, Anaplan provides complete application layer security, including data encryption on the wire, protects authentication regulations and robust access control, and gives the authority to manage the rights.
22. What are the features in Sales modules in Anaplan?
Ans. Anaplan sales modules provide an accurate time sales plan while enhancing remuneration, forecast accuracy, and quota.
- Territory Planning
- Forecasting about sales
- Incentive remuneration
- Account segmentation and scoring
- Quota planning
- Deal desk
- Sales capacity
23. Define the availability and reliability of Anaplan?
Ans. Anaplan is a cloud-based portal, so the customers do not stress hardware or software installation, IT queues, and updates. It has a lot of storage capacity that is readily available and gives backups whenever you need them. Anaplan uses its own patented technology to gather and secure data. It always ensures that its customer gets the best level of availability, security, and reliability.
24. what are the types of apps available in Anaplan?
Ans. Anaplan provides support to four kinds of apps:
- Fun apps – It is entertainments apps that include games and non – business content.
- Accelerators – This is the primary application that comes along with fundamental modules, lists, and dashboards.
- Learning apps – It is used for training motives to discover how the features and formulas work.
- Packaged apps – It is an extension of accelerators that includes readymade roles, actions, configuration screens, and connectors.
25. What are the features available in Anaplan for the workforce?
Ans. To align individual plans for business purposes to help business growth with the support of the Anaplan workforce.
- Succession planning
- Workforce streamline, inclusive of call center
- Remuneration and equity planning
- Onboarding planning
- Cost and headcount planning
- Employee’s capacity planning
26. What are the features available in Anaplan for marketing?
Ans. The Anaplan for marketing supports increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of your business marketing plans, budget, and performance.
- Sales promotion planning
- Market material management
- Market capture and growth prediction
- Account segmentation and scoring
- Marketing performance management
27. What are the features available in Anaplan for it?
Ans. Anaplan for itself drives agile planning and task execution throughout your business.
- Price transparency and financial management
- Task plan and capacity analysis
- Agile implementation
- Agile planning
- Facilities management
- Business case management
- ABC shared services distribution
- Business management scoreboard
28. Explain formula writing in Anaplan?
Ans. Anaplan features a pile of functions and operators that we will use to design the methods. You can edit the formula within the formula editor, and you can see it after adding a module. You will easily be able to read the number of chances created.
29. What is the App hub of Anaplan?
Ans. The Anaplan application hub allows the users and partners to create, share and deploy cutting edge apps; the Anaplan groups bring together professionals from a vast range of business domains, businesses, and industries. You can easily find the application as per our requirement, install it in one click and customize it to resolve the business problems. Additionally, you can create your applications on these portals and share them with others.
30. What are the features available in Anaplan for the supply chain?
Ans. Anaplan allows the user to link worldwide to build a supply chain network for maximum visibility, collaboration, and efficiency.
- Turnover and work planning
- Product portfolio management
- Supply planning
- Demand planning
- Strategic regulations management